• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerome to get bumped from rotation?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/angels/la-sp-0606-angels-notes-20130606,0,4090680.story

Jerome Williams has the lowest earned-run average among the Angels starters at 2.56. He ranks fourth in the league, just ahead of Seattle Mariners ace Felix Hernandez. The only AL starters with a lower ERA are Clay Buchholz of the Boston Red SoxHisashi Iwakuma of the Mariners and Chris Sale of the Chicago White Sox.

This is the problem I have with contracts these days. You have to overpay to get a free agent to play here. Then, if that FA becomes a bust, you are forced to play them because of the money you spent on him.

Guaranteed if the salaries were reversed, Blanton would be in the bullpen.

This is the problem I have with contracts these days. You have to overpay to get a free agent to play here. Then, if that FA becomes a bust, you are forced to play them because of the money you spent on him.

Guaranteed if the salaries were reversed, Blanton would be in the bullpen.

Which is why salaries should be non guaranteed. No reason why a guy like Hamilton deserves all that money if he's hitting like this. 

Problem:  weak/inconsistent starting pitching

Solution:  move your best starter, with the 5th best ERA in the AL, to the pen, so he can clean up and get a single out in an already blown game.

This move is certifiably insane.  Particularly when paired with the fact that one of the pitchers who remains in the rotation has the third worst ERA in the AL.

Which is why salaries should be non guaranteed. No reason why a guy like Hamilton deserves all that money if he's hitting like this. 

I used to agree with this logic. But seeing what it does to football, I don't like it. It's the reason football players play injured, ignore concussions and aren't completely truthful when they are being asked about an injury. If they sit, they lose their job, and sometimes they lose their contracts.

Maybe baseball needs to look at the NBA's use of the amnesty.

Or, make it a hard cap so these contracts aren't so ridiculous.

I used to agree with this logic. But seeing what it does to football, I don't like it. It's the reason football players play injured, ignore concussions and aren't completely truthful when they are being asked about an injury. If they sit, they lose their job, and sometimes they lose their contracts.

Maybe baseball needs to look at the NBA's use of the amnesty.

Or, make it a hard cap so these contracts aren't so ridiculous.

Yeah something just needs to change, IMO. Seeing how Hamilton has played just bothers me in so many ways. He approaches some at bats as if it doesn't matter because he'll get his pay check regardless of performance. 

If the contracts were reversed Blanton would have been cut.

This move is an "F you" to the fans, the younger players and Jerome.

It makes zero sense and really cannot be defended.  I've pretty much backed Sosh, but not on this one.  Pull your head out of your ass coach!

If you don't believe that GM's and owners don't make their feelings known on who should start and who shouldn't, i don't know what to say.

I'm not going to keep arguing about this.  It's like arguing why it's wrong to commit fraud. 

This was a Scioscia decision, MT.