• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jerome to get bumped from rotation?

Slow down. Why listen to what this no-name from Twitter is reporting? You should ask the man who has several birdies in flight.

I confirmed that Jerome starts on Saturday ladies. Chill. 

The thought is Blanton to the pen, or something else.

Chuck...I love you right now.  You took me from ultimate anger to joy in the matter of a second.

Slow down. Why listen to what this no-name from Twitter is reporting? You should ask the man who has several birdies in flight.

I confirmed that Jerome starts on Saturday ladies. Chill. 

The thought is Blanton to the pen, or something else.

I'll take the "something else", please.

He said Jerome will get "at least" one more start and would remain in the rotation "for now". Sounds like Scioscia is waiting for him to have a bad game and yank him.

How many bad games has Blanton had and they still trot him out there every fifth day? And tonight he made a terrible mistake in grooving that fastball to Cruz.

If Jerome gets bumped from the rotation eventually I'm going to be pissed. 

Not only is he the best starting pitcher in the rotation, but he's the best pitcher on the entire staff. 

His stuff is sharp too. 94-95 MPH four-seamer. 90-92 two-seamer with heavy sink and run. Good changeup. Good breaking ball. 

What's not to like? 

He said Jerome will get "at least" one more start and would remain in the rotation "for now". Sounds like Scioscia is waiting for him to have a bad game and yank him.

How many bad games has Blanton had and they still trot him out there every fifth day? And tonight he made a terrible mistake in grooving that fastball to Cruz.

That's what worries me as well. But maybe he's just waiting for Blanton to suck one more time. 

He is playing it safe because two of his next three starters haven't pitched in a while.  They probably won't go more than 5-6 innings this time around. Kinda makes sense. 

That said, Blanton is probably going to remain in the rotation.  People will go nuts.  Williams is pitching great and Blanton's numbers are ugly, but it isn't like one is much better than the other.  That is why I didn't understand the Blanton signing.  The Angels had Williams and Richards... and Maronde.  It isn't like Williams is a lock to outperform Blanton.  Last year, their numbers as starters weren't much different.  

He is playing it safe because two of his next three starters haven't pitched in a while.  They probably won't go more than 5-6 innings this time around. Kinda makes sense. 

That said, Blanton is probably going to remain in the rotation.  People will go nuts.  Williams is pitching great and Blanton's numbers are ugly, but it isn't like one is much better than the other.  That is why I didn't understand the Blanton signing.  The Angels had Williams and Richards... and Maronde.  It isn't like Williams is a lock to outperform Blanton, though.  Last year, their numbers as starters weren't much different.  

Scott seriously? Williams hasn't been much better than Blanton? What games have you been watching? 

I can see the six-man rotation thing since Hanson and Weaver aren't stretched out and we have Richards in the BP, but it makes NO sense have two of Richards and Williams in the BP with Chinbush staying. Let Blanton be our long guy out of the pen when the game is out of reach either way. Yes, an expensive long man, but I'd rather have the best guy out there for 6-8 innings. Williams gives us a better chance to win. His stuff is MUCH better than Blanton too. He's throwing harder than last season and his sinker keeps the ball in the ballpark. Unlike Blanton. 

Blanton is like Rocky.  He takes beating after beating but keeps getting up.  He's not gonna let some black guy take what's his when he's got his overweight Italian friend in his corner.  Cept he's not left handed.  Hamilton is Adrian and Pujols is Mick. 

If Jerome gets bumped from the rotation eventually I'm going to be pissed. 

Not only is he the best starting pitcher in the rotation, but he's the best pitcher on the entire staff. 

His stuff is sharp too. 94-95 MPH four-seamer. 90-92 two-seamer with heavy sink and run. Good changeup. Good breaking ball. 

What's not to like? 

Like I said before, I'm totally in favor of him staying in the rotation and he's done a fine job there this season, but he's not the best pitcher in the rotation, let alone the entire staff.