• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels fire Doug White and Josh Paul

mmc

21 hours ago, failos said:

What was going through your mind when you _______________?

"How did it feel to be a member of the team that won tonight?"

"What was going through your mind when they didnt catch that ball you hit."

"Does it feel good to win a game like this after losing basically the same game yesterday?"

23 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, as lame as the interviews are, can you (or anyone) do better? Meaning, can anyone think of a fresh take after EVERY routine game?

Its the same as the players. You do this every day, its tough to think of anything new to say.

The gatorade shit is old, though. You do that when something crazy happens, like a walk off. Not you had the game winning rbi in the 6th, and nobody scored after.

They phased out the shaving cream pie to the face after Chris Coghlan slipped on some of the stuff on the ground and tore up his knee. 

Rookie of the year for the Mets, he was never the same after that.

11 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

They phased out the shaving cream pie to the face after Chris Coghlan slipped on some of the stuff on the ground and tore up his knee. 

They need to go back to just throwing water bottles at weave. It was more professional.

53 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Marlins, and I don’t know if he was ever that good

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone feel our current pitching staff just got a little better after White was fired?

is our current pitching staff talented enough to be better?

expecting white to make cahill and Harvey better felt like putting lipstick on a pig. not sure anyone really could've helped them.

5 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Does anyone feel our current pitching staff just got a little better after White was fired?

it's so hard to know what impact he was actually having and what areas he was focused on in making guys better.  

I can speculate so I will.  

I think he was more about process and his lack of experience and poor communication was of no help to guys who were having even the most minor mechanical issues.  

I think someone.  anyone. will have a material impact on guys who really struggled to find consistency this year.  Suarez, Barria, Heaney.  I think all those guys get better to a greater degree than one would expect for normal progression.  

10 hours ago, Tank said:

is our current pitching staff talented enough to be better?

expecting white to make cahill and Harvey better felt like putting lipstick on a pig. not sure anyone really could've helped them.

Yes! Literally everyone on the staff got worse than the previous year with Charles Nagy. I mean night and day in most cases outside of Robles and Bedrosian. 

16 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

I look at it like this, as one who has spent time as a trainer in a particular field, i know there are people much better than I at actually doing the thing, but they dont seem to be able to convey the how to others as well as i could.  I dont doubt White has great knowledge, im just not sure he gets how to teach it to others at this point or determine how to mix it in with what they already do well.  

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

I like Mark Langston's three simple rules for pitchers.

Work fast, throw strikes, and keep the ball down.

Why not him for pitching coach? The guy's got common sense and he's not afraid of speaking the truth about the nonsense which passes for baseball 'wisdom' these days. Good communicator too. 

Not sure his heart could withstand it.