• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict who the next Angels' manager will be...

T.G.

Who will be the next Angels Manager?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the next Angels manager

23 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I think it’s pretty obvious it won’t be an inexperienced or young guy.

I assume it’s going to be someone you’ve heard of like Maddon or Girardi.

Also, I promise that whoever they hire will do many of the same things you guys complained about with Scioscia and Ausmus. 

No Jeff, this time it will be different! 

Given the decisiveness and timing of the firing it absolutely has to be a big name, high profile replacement. Those two( Maddon and Girardi) are the most obvious.

In house replacements, promotions of inexperienced coaches and journeyman managers aren't as time sensitive hires as those two. Who knows? Maybe the longer you wait, the more competition there will be. 

Interestingly, Maddon has the inbuilt 'home town/residence' factor with an Angel job. Perhaps at his age with this his likely last managerial job that plays into the equation. 

I think Ausmus would have stayed as care-taker next year IF Maddon was staying in Chicago.

I think the Cubs parting ways with Maddon may have cut short the 'care-taker' managerial era and with Maddon coming in, the Halos are more likely to open Arte's wallet for a front of the rotation ace : Cole, Strasberg, Bumgarner etc. next tier (Halos always seen to sign the 'next' tier guys - Wainwright).

9 minutes ago, disarcina said:

I think Ausmus would have stayed as care-taker next year IF Maddon was staying in Chicago.

I think the Cubs parting ways with Maddon may have cut short the 'care-taker' managerial era and with Maddon coming in, the Halos are more likely to open Arte's wallet for a front of the rotation ace : Cole, Strasberg, Bumgarner etc. next tier (Halos always seen to sign the 'next' tier guys - Wainwright).

Maybe these guys want to play for an experienced and successful manager, and maybe that’s why there’s so much interest in Maddon. If that’s what it takes to get someone lime Cole in Anaheim, then hire Maddon.