Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

Climate Change Hysteria Thread

I am very concerned about temperatures rising. In fact just a little while ago I was driving home in my Spitfire, it was about 96 degrees out and I was really worried when my temperature gauge rose towards the over heating range.

I like how you guys reference the ozone issue and acid rain.  As if those are some devastating gotcha examples that this stuff is all bullshit.  Both were real problems that were largely abated through regulatory action.  The acid raid btw.  That’s still an issue in China and India.  I wonder why. 

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I like how you guys reference the ozone issue and acid rain.  As if those are some devastating gotcha examples that this stuff is all bullshit.  Both were real problems that were largely abated through regulatory action.  The acid raid btw.  That’s still an issue in China and India.  I wonder why. 

As long as it doesn't directly affect you, it doesn't matter. Turn on that AC.

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Obviously because we haven't spent 10 trillion dollars.

9 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

"Climate change is bullshit because i don't feel like it. And because Ben Shapiro says. And becasue it will cost me more money."

~Angelswin Experts

Is there anyone on here that is saying the climate isn't changing?

11 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

One thing that bothers me is apparently the number of birds is down 30% and nobody knows the reason. It's all over the news. I like birds, and it just occurred to me that I haven't seen many around lately. There's a tree behind my house that used to be full of them singing away. This year, none.

Read up on the passenger pigeon. The sheer number of those birds was astounding. 

20 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Flop is a moder....wait. I agree with you completely.

The "hysteria" is clearly a political driven thing. You need to vote Dem NOW or you are going to DIE and your children will be slowly BURNT ALIVE. Definitely gives credence to the idea it's not real.

But....it is real and it is a problem. So you can turn your AC on and live your life the way you want, but your children's children are probably going to have really, really bad swamp ass.

I dont believe anyone with a brain is suggesting climate isnt an issue, the science proves it is and has been for decades.   
We need to do what we can do, we need to work with other nations to affect global change, but where was all this stuff under Obama when it was equally important?
I personally take exception to the hysteria but that certainly isnt proof in either direction, aside from it being exaggerated and politicized against Trump which is silly.

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

I dont believe anyone with a brain is suggesting climate isnt an issue, the science proves it is and has been for decades.   
We need to do what we can do, we need to work with other nations to affect global change, but where was all this stuff under Obama when it was equally important?
I personally take exception to the hysteria but that certainly isnt proof in either direction, aside from it being exaggerated and politicized against Trump which is silly.

Heh.

Obama enacted the Climate Action Plan in 2013. It was then nullified on the first day of Donald Trump's presidency.

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

Heh.

Obama enacted the Climate Action Plan in 2013. It was then nullified on the first day of Donald Trump's presidency.

And the hysteria is helping change that how?  Its making it impossible.  Which is the actual point.

12 minutes ago, floplag said:

And the hysteria is helping change that how?  Its making it impossible.  Which is the actual point.

You asked where all this stuff was under Obama. I gave you an example. You then said it was exaggerated and politicized against Trump, which I already agreed with. However he literally nullified Obama's plan on day 1 so some of it is warranted.

Environment activist Greta Thunberg made a fiery appearance at the United Nations Climate Summit on Monday where she broke down in tears while furiously scolding international delegates.

'I shouldn't be up here. I should be back in school on the other side of the ocean. Yet you all come to us for hope. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words,' the 16-year-old Swedish activist thundered in her speech at the Climate Action Summit 2019 in New York.

skynews-greta-thunberg-climate_4784391.j