Sign in to follow this  
BackUpTheTruck

Climate Change Hysteria Thread

12 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Looks like Cals had a few too many spiked seltzers last night with that grammar.

While I will not deny the consumption of alcohol played a role in the lack of readability of my post, apparently I often speak in fractured sentences and with thoughts that either end abruptly without getting to any point or for far too long, obscuring what the original point was.  It drives my wife.

Portland is getting ready to slap retailers there with a "Climate Justice Tax" and divvy up the proceeds to poor people of color. Of course, the stupid voters approved it in 2018.

Oriana Magnera is the planning commissioner who's one of the people behind this. Her LinkedIn page says she's a "Climate and Energy Policy Coordinator."

Meet your new masters, Portlanders. 

ORIANAMAGNERA_JKatigbak_07.jpg

On 1/11/2020 at 11:39 PM, calscuf said:

Maybe I can make this clear enough so the really, really white guys can understand.

You know how Neil Peart has hit the last high hat, will never bang a crash again?  Well he’s your age or close, right?  That’s death.  It means your body will cease to function and really, we stop giving a shit about what you thought.  

If you were awesome like Neil, than you will have a legacy.  If you were just some nobody like you probably were (oops, “are”, lol at me already using the past tense for you) not only will you cease to exist, nobody (maybe a  person or two at best), will even think about you anymore.  

So maybe you could have the kids not talk about how much of a worthless douchbag you were and that you gave a tiny crap about the world you left behind before the end your useless life?  

C’mon.  Leave a legacy.  Or not, and just die.

From a guy that drives a diesel. Talk about bullshit hypocrisy. 

22 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Portland is getting ready to slap retailers there with a "Climate Justice Tax" and divvy up the proceeds to poor people of color. Of course, the stupid voters approved it in 2018.

Oriana Magnera is the planning commissioner who's one of the people behind this. Her LinkedIn page says she's a "Climate and Energy Policy Coordinator."

What do poor people have to do with climate change?

Edited by Jason

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Yes lets use the proceeds for political capital instead of doing something about the problem.
Typical Portland at this point.

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Hey, AW libs (and Adam). She isn't hot. 

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

This bitch out here lookin like Quagmire

10 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Greta scolded world leaders in Davos today. Who's paying for her travel and other expenses? And why isn't she in school like other kids her age?

82858106_1379157919087735_91359515595474

Her parents have helped her, apparently. And many people have helped her along the way to travel and stay wherever she stays. A lot of people support her cause, believe it or not.

She's not in school because she's protesting her government. I don't agree with that, personally, but she's already very intelligent for her age.

Not sure why people are so triggered by a 17 year old girl. I thought libs were the "snowflakes".