Sign in to follow this  
tdawg87

Mark Langston had a heart attack

On 9/21/2019 at 8:32 AM, tdawg87 said:

Florida isn't even really a "state". It's basically just an unfortunate growth on the landmass that is North America.

Interesting Fact.  Florida is the only state where the farther you go North, the farther South you get.

Mark is extremely lucky there was an AED around when he went into V Fib.  An AED only shocks 2 arrhythmias- Ventricular Tachycardia with no pulses (uncontrolled rapid heart rate) and V Fib (uncontrolled electrical activity).  And those shocks need to be delivered within minutes or that person is not coming back.

I am still stunned at how lucky Mark is.  Not many people survive this stuff, let alone talk about it jokingly and pose for pictures.  Amazing.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:11 PM, tdawg87 said:

Dear 2019, 

Go F*ck yourself with a cactus.

Should close the tread after this comment, nothing more needs to be said.

On 9/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, Blarg said:

I kind of look at it as another Angels pitcher goes on the IL and is out for the season. Get healthy #12, we're going to need you next season.

Mark-Langston.jpg

No doubt, did somebody check his UCL?

12 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Interesting Fact.  Florida is the only state where the farther you go North, the farther South you get.

True that. The area where I grew up had more in common with Atlanta than Miami (and Atlanta was also closer).