Sign in to follow this  
Angel Oracle

2019-2020 COLLEGE BASKETBALL

Recommended Posts

LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) A person familiar with the situation says the University of Kansas received a notice of allegations from the NCAA on Monday that alleges significant violations within its storied men's basketball program.

The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because neither the NCAA nor the school had announced the notice, which was first reported by Yahoo Sports. That initial report, citing unnamed sources, said the notice included three Level 1 violations tied primarily to recruiting, lack of institutional control and a responsibility charge leveled against Hall of Fame coach Bill Self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Oh goody, tonight will be yet another beat down of LBSU by UCLA at Pauley.

we have a roster of 10 underclassmen and are picked to finish 8th in the conference.  it might be closer than you think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Lou said:

we have a roster of 10 underclassmen and are picked to finish 8th in the conference.  it might be closer than you think. 

 

LBSU will see you and raise you on that, as they have 11 newcomers and only 3 returning players (Roberts, Cobb, and Griffin) who played any kind of minutes a year ago.

UCLA will do better than the prognosticators think.   Cronin is a rock solid coach.

Edited by Angel Oracle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The freshman LBSU center, Morgan, is better than I thought he would be right away.    Just needs to put on about 20-25 lbs. in the next couple of years.

Carter III was originally at U-Dub, didn't show too much rust despite sitting out the season a year ago.    Hunter is intriguing, just can't be committing two fouls inside of a minute.

FT shooting (attempts and %) was the clear difference, although LB went from 1-8 in the first half to 7-8 in the 2nd half.    It was a much closer game than I thought it would be.

 

Regarding my earlier post yesterday......I agree.   

Edited by Angel Oracle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top-ranked Kentucky falls at home to Evansville

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kentucky-evansville-upset-wildcats-purple-aces-020156616.html

College basketball has its first big upset of the season as the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats lost to Evansville 67-64 on Tuesday.

The game ended with an airball on a game-tying 3-point attempt from star freshman Tyrese Maxey, directly after Evansville guard Sam Cunliffe iced two free throws to keep Kentucky at bay.

-----

Awesome

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jay said:

Top-ranked Kentucky falls at home to Evansville

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kentucky-evansville-upset-wildcats-purple-aces-020156616.html

College basketball has its first big upset of the season as the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats lost to Evansville 67-64 on Tuesday.

The game ended with an airball on a game-tying 3-point attempt from star freshman Tyrese Maxey, directly after Evansville guard Sam Cunliffe iced two free throws to keep Kentucky at bay.

-----

Awesome

 

Even more awesome, Evansville coach is former Kentucky standout Walter McCarty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top point guard Daishen Nix signs NLI with UCLA men’s basketball

 
DNix-UCLAMBB.jpeg?w=600
Point guard Daishen Nix signed his National Letter of Intent to become the first signee under coach Mick Cronin at UCLA.

Nix, a 6-5, 205-pound high school senior from Las Vegas, is considered the No. 1 player at his position in the 2020 class by 247sports.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LB’s 6-11 freshman center Josh Morgan is apparently transferring out.    Some 15 Power 5 and MWC schools are interested.

He blocked 79 shots as a freshman, while averaging around 8.5 pts and 6 rebs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 1:16 PM, Angel Oracle said:

LB’s 6-11 freshman center Josh Morgan is apparently transferring out.    Some 15 Power 5 and MWC schools are interested.

He blocked 79 shots as a freshman, while averaging around 8.5 pts and 6 rebs.

Looks like we have interest in him and Juzong, Kentucky small forward (from L.A.) who also entered the transfer portal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this