Sign in to follow this  
Erstad Grit

Jim Edmonds

Recommended Posts

I've been listening to snippets of Cardinals games lately (along with other playoff teams) and Edmonds is a very good announcer.

He's very informative and easy to listen to. 

Wish he was an angel for life. 

I know I know Kennedy 3 hrs

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Looking back, Edmonds' first year in StL was his age 30 season. I didn't realize, or maybe I forgot, how "old" he was. Although back in the performance-enhanced early 2000's that wasn't the case. 

I think you have to ask... did edmonds' sudden found HR power in SL have anything to do with playing alongside McGwire?

I know he had pop while he was here, and SL is easier to hit in than here.... but Ive always wondered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taylor said:

 

"Don't forget me!"

 

cb994609b8084e14b7e45127f6ef3136_front.j

ahh yes, I remember these days, back when our pitchers had ERA's over 5.00 and I kept hoping that a few good starts would maybe stabilize our Pitching staff. I'm so glad that those days are over I tell you hwat....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Taylor said:

ahh yes, I remember these days, back when our pitchers had ERA's over 5.00 and I kept hoping that a few good starts would maybe stabilize our Pitching staff. I'm so glad that those days are over I tell you hwat....

Nice Devon Dudley insert!    Testify!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think you have to ask... did edmonds' sudden found HR power in SL have anything to do with playing alongside McGwire?

I know he had pop while he was here, and SL is easier to hit in than here.... but Ive always wondered.

He was also pretty motivated by the trade, being an OC dude he never really wanted to leave and the trade was very much a reaction to his bad attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at the Cards Nats game last night. Crazy how many Edmonds jerseys there were. Might’ve been #2 only to Musial. It was cool to see Howie almost hit the cycle. I was rooting for him....loudly....in an Angels hat. Best fans my ass. Scoreboard and organ prompted everything. Was pretty quiet for two teams in playoff races. Disappointed in the atmosphere honestly. Cool stadium though and the weather was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biergott said:

I was at the Cards Nats game last night. Crazy how many Edmonds jerseys there were. Might’ve been #2 only to Musial. It was cool to see Howie almost hit the cycle. I was rooting for him....loudly....in an Angels hat. Best fans my ass. Scoreboard and organ prompted everything. Was pretty quiet for two teams in playoff races. Disappointed in the atmosphere honestly. Cool stadium though and the weather was perfect.

Thats suprising that hes still that popular.

Reference howie, saw some highlights of him this weekend... sigh. Would have loved for him to have played here for life. Great angel, and sucked in the playoffs for the dodgers. Love the guy.

Lastly, totally agree. Ive been to all the big team stadiums. Ive seen EVERY stadium shut up and empty out in losing games. Ive seen mediocre crowds and boredom in wins in the same stadiums. No MLB team is football, basically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • AngelsWin.com Ad-free Membership Options