• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jim Edmonds

Erstad Grit

3 minutes ago, Angel Dog and Beer said:

Looking back, Edmonds' first year in StL was his age 30 season. I didn't realize, or maybe I forgot, how "old" he was. Although back in the performance-enhanced early 2000's that wasn't the case. 

I think you have to ask... did edmonds' sudden found HR power in SL have anything to do with playing alongside McGwire?

I know he had pop while he was here, and SL is easier to hit in than here.... but Ive always wondered.

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

"Don't forget me!"

cb994609b8084e14b7e45127f6ef3136_front.j

ahh yes, I remember these days, back when our pitchers had ERA's over 5.00 and I kept hoping that a few good starts would maybe stabilize our Pitching staff. I'm so glad that those days are over I tell you hwat....

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think you have to ask... did edmonds' sudden found HR power in SL have anything to do with playing alongside McGwire?

I know he had pop while he was here, and SL is easier to hit in than here.... but Ive always wondered.

He was also pretty motivated by the trade, being an OC dude he never really wanted to leave and the trade was very much a reaction to his bad attitude.

I was at the Cards Nats game last night. Crazy how many Edmonds jerseys there were. Might’ve been #2 only to Musial. It was cool to see Howie almost hit the cycle. I was rooting for him....loudly....in an Angels hat. Best fans my ass. Scoreboard and organ prompted everything. Was pretty quiet for two teams in playoff races. Disappointed in the atmosphere honestly. Cool stadium though and the weather was perfect.

1 minute ago, Biergott said:

I was at the Cards Nats game last night. Crazy how many Edmonds jerseys there were. Might’ve been #2 only to Musial. It was cool to see Howie almost hit the cycle. I was rooting for him....loudly....in an Angels hat. Best fans my ass. Scoreboard and organ prompted everything. Was pretty quiet for two teams in playoff races. Disappointed in the atmosphere honestly. Cool stadium though and the weather was perfect.

Thats suprising that hes still that popular.

Reference howie, saw some highlights of him this weekend... sigh. Would have loved for him to have played here for life. Great angel, and sucked in the playoffs for the dodgers. Love the guy.

Lastly, totally agree. Ive been to all the big team stadiums. Ive seen EVERY stadium shut up and empty out in losing games. Ive seen mediocre crowds and boredom in wins in the same stadiums. No MLB team is football, basically.

Edmonds made some of the greatest catches in CF of all time - certainly for the Halos.

Torri Hunter, I think matched him and exceeded him (for total number of amazing catches in a Halos uni) but never topped the Edmonds catch in Kansas City.

Trout has  made some amazing catches and throws from CF -- and I think there's at least that ONE Trout catch over the wall bring back a homerun ball that DOES top Edmonds Kansas City catch which - to many folks -- ranked up there with Willie Mays 1954 World Series Wirtz catch at the Polo Grounds.

Edmonds must be on the TV side for the St. Lous broadcasts -- I listen to a fair number of their radio broadcasts and have never heard him there,

Edmonds was a great CF for us. He was loved in St. Louis.

Unfortunately, he is also remembered for trashing (literally a Halos jersey) the Halos in that infamous Sports Illustrated article.  I lost respect for him upon reading it and he's never really gained it back.

Comes off as a pompous rich kid. Go back and dig up that SI article that ran during the off-season after he was traded to St. Louis.  Edmonds came of age in the MLB in a Halos uni with the Halos uni and then he trashes them.

Gene Autry was still alive at that time -- essentially Edmonds trashed the Cowboy, a true American hero/ icon --  no forgiveness here for Edmonds.