• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Low Key Rant

Revad

52 minutes ago, Revad said:

The white lasagne eating elephant in  the room and what he delivered to the organization. Scioscia.  Real Baseball smarts or number crunching. I want your real take. Pick the right path.

Number crunching works pretty well for the Astros and Dodgers.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Number crunching works pretty well for the Astros and Dodgers.

All teams number crunch ... been that way for years. Scioscia was big into number crunching going back to the Tim Salmon days. You can ask Tim yourself if you get the opportunity. 

There is a fine line between numbers crunching and using general baseball instincts ... you need both. The Dodgers go against the numbers routinely imo. 

The funny thing about the ausmus hate (and to be fair, ive seen very few games this year, so I dont have a take) os that it sounds so similar to the scioscia hate.

The reality for both, and any replacement, is thst you cant win with poor talent. Sosh didnt suddenly forget it all after 2009. He just had bad rosters going forward.

Ausmus has had zero pitching, and his best arm died. His second best hitter missed time, as did his 3rd. Both played hurt and are now done for the year.

His breakout all star 2B missed the second half. His all star shortstop got hurt, and has played hurt all year. So he has to rely on a rookie like renigfo, a kid like fletcher, and a dinosaur like albert to mask the black hole at C.

Calhoun has been the only constant, aside from Trout of course.

Its tough to beat anyone with that lineup, and absolutely no pitching.

It's adorable that you think teams that use analytics have no use for 'baseball smarts'. Virtually every organization these days uses analytics in some form. A number of them have on some level for years. Your attempt to position the two against each other tells me you know jack about how organizations are run. And while we're at it, if you want to know more about launch angle and shifts, you might find it interesting that Ted Williams was getting shifted on and talking about launch angle back in his days (i.e. 60+ years ago).

Not doing things the same way they've always been done is called progress. The only thing it's anti is stupid thinking that was(/is) still used only because that's how they'd always done it. 

So, if you want your straw man fixed, let me help: Number crunching + baseball smarts OR being a sheep: Pick the right path.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The funny thing about the ausmus hate (and to be fair, ive seen very few games this year, so I dont have a take) os that it sounds so similar to the scioscia hate.

The reality for both, and any replacement, is thst you cant win with poor talent. Sosh didnt suddenly forget it all after 2009. He just had bad rosters going forward.

Ausmus has had zero pitching, and his best arm died. His second best hitter missed time, as did his 3rd. Both played hurt and are now done for the year.

His breakout all star 2B missed the second half. His all star shortstop got hurt, and has played hurt all year. So he has to rely on a rookie like renigfo, a kid like fletcher, and a dinosaur like albert to mask the black hole at C.

Calhoun has been the only constant, aside from Trout of course.

Its tough to beat anyone with that lineup, and absolutely no pitching.

You missed the part where his best reliever started getting hit hard.