• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

I don't remember a year that we've been more hosed by umps than '13

Safe or out, E-Bar is a wonder.  He's a player that seems to exist in a vacuum in that he hasn't develop at all since he's come up.  Same stupid base-running, same mental midget fielding errors, same hacking batting style...and we have him for 4 more seasons.  Yippee

Little League umps are probably better than these clowns.

Little league baserunning is better than these clowns, also.

Why the hell did Aybar put himself in the situation to possibly be doubled off, anyway? Watching that ball off the bat, I knew it was getting caught.

Little league baserunning is better than these clowns, also.

Why the hell did Aybar put himself in the situation to possibly be doubled off, anyway? Watching that ball off the bat, I knew it was getting caught.

This. 

Was wondering that in the bar.  Freaking that was an easy out.  It was stupid typical showmanship Ebar that put us in the situation.  

Which by my estimation, would move the game along quicker than Aybar, Alfredo and Scioscia losing their shit.

Eff replay...  Let's not turn this great game into football (with it's lengthy replays) or basketball (same, but with 30 timeouts per team).

Taking 5 minutes for the refs to huddle and look at a video monitor the way is done in football (and with HR calls in basball) is as much an excuse to manufacture another commmercial break as anything. I never bought the "replay would slow down the game". The play by play announces can generally see if a play is blown less than 20 seconds after it happens with just the TV feeds. They could do it in a way that would be very quick. Have a dedicated video umpire with dozens of "house" feeds installed with clear views of all the base etc. in addition to the TV feeds. 

In fact instead of being simply in place for challenges, the video umps could actually regularly communicate with umpires on the field via radio in general if a play is a close call. Could be done almost as quickly as home plate ump appealing to 1B or 3B ump on swinging strike calls. Practically instantly.  

Taking 5 minutes for the refs to huddle and look at a video monitor the way is done in football (and with HR calls in basball) is as much an excuse to manufacture another commmercial break. They could do it in a way that would be very quick. Have a video umpire as is done in hockey or tennis. review process would be quicker than managers running out on the field and arguing. 

In hockey, reviews take too long.  And they are used for one instance only.  If the puck crossed the goal line.

What you are proposing, is to have a review for every two line pass, offside, icing, and line change.  Pretty much ruining the game.

Eff replay...

Yeah! I mean, who in their right mind would want the call to be right?!

Let's be honest, the umpires blow plays that determine the outcome of the game, of the season, of the World Series winner.

The technology is there that these replays could be decided in 30 seconds. All you need is a dedicated instant replay official. The TV station broadcasting the game gets multiple angles in seconds and shows them to viewers over and over. There's no reason a slight delay with a "Correct Call Replay" on the huge video screen at the stadium, showing the best angle of the play with the determined call, would be bad for the game.

Yeah! I mean, who in their right mind would want the call to be right?!

Let's be honest, the umpires blow plays that determine the outcome of the game, of the season, of the World Series winner.

The technology is there that these replays could be decided in 30 seconds. All you need is a dedicated instant replay official. The TV station broadcasting the game gets multiple angles in seconds and shows them to viewers over and over. There's no reason a slight delay with a "Correct Call Replay" on the huge video screen at the stadium, showing the best angle of the play with the determined call, would be bad for the game.

outside of player skill, the strike zone probably has the biggest impact on a game.