• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

MLB might test for opoids in light of Skaggs' death

jsnpritchett

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s a bad thing if anyone on earth dies from an overdose of an opioid. 

So should every person on earth be tested?

Testing is tricky. 

PEDs are different because they are job specific to athletes. But everything else is just bad for anyone, so if baseball players should be tested, all of us should. 

Jeff, I wouldn't mind that, but that's up to the employer. The armed forces test for drug use. I really think all athletes should.

37 minutes ago, Torridd said:

Jeff, I wouldn't mind that, but that's up to the employer. The armed forces test for drug use. I really think all athletes should.

We should test actors also. And musicians. Anybody in the entertainment business.

11 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

A six pack of beer?  Big Facking deal.  Most dudes on here drink that amount on a weekend day.

Saw a joke the other day.  Went something close to this.

Patient: "So Doctor, can I drink beer while on these medications."

Doctor: "Yes, but one beer will feel like four beers."

Patient: "Sweet, it'll save me money!"

18 hours ago, Baghdad Strad said:

A six pack of beer?  Big Facking deal.  Most dudes on here drink that amount on a weekend day.

It's a big deal when alcohol is mixed with regular prescription druugs. Read the label on the side.

Let alone the rhino tranquilizers Skaggs was ingesting.

I disagree that everyone should be tested. Perhaps some laws should be reconstructed to more effectively deal with the respective issues but there are privacy considerations at stake when it comes to government oversight of personal lives. Certainly those of us with a high level of public responsibility need to be (and are) routinely subject to testing, but for the overall public privacy should be the primary concern. 

On 9/7/2019 at 10:55 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

It’s a bad thing if anyone on earth dies from an overdose of an opioid. 

So should every person on earth be tested?

Testing is tricky. 

PEDs are different because they are job specific to athletes. But everything else is just bad for anyone, so if baseball players should be tested, all of us should. 

It's not uncommon in some workplaces.