• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

The Seahawks VS 49'ers game is really entertaining. 

Yeah man, I was on pins and needles the entire game.

This was like a heavyweight boxing match that went 15 rounds of exchanging blows with the victor knocking out the opponent with just 4 seconds left on the clock. 

Go Hawks!!!

I was watching the Steelers VS Browns game and a WWF match broke out in the last 8 seconds. 

One player is going to be suspended for the season for tearing off the Steelers quarterbacks helmet and then whacking him with it. 

The quarterback is also looking at a one game suspension, he starting the meele by trying to tear off the defenders helmet after being sacked. 

One of the steelers OL is going to be suspended for X games for throwing punches then kicking the helmet swinger while he was on the ground in a dog pile. 

This is awesome. To add to the stupidity the Steelers try to run out the clock on forth down and the idiot kneels with 4 seconds left so its an automatic time out but everyone thinks the game is over so they are on the field and jogging to the tunnels. 

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

I was watching the Steelers VS Browns game and a WWF match broke out in the last 8 seconds. 

One player is going to be suspended for the season for tearing off the Steelers quarterbacks helmet and then whacking him with it. 

The quarterback is also looking at a one game suspension, he starting the meele by trying to tear off the defenders helmet after being sacked. 

One of the steelers OL is going to be suspended for X games for throwing punches then kicking the helmet swinger while he was on the ground in a dog pile. 

This is awesome. To add to the stupidity the Steelers try to run out the clock on forth down and the idiot kneels with 4 seconds left so its an automatic time out but everyone thinks the game is over so they are on the field and jogging to the tunnels. 

What do you want the idiot to do with 8 seconds left down 21-7 after what just happened?

Mason Rudolph isn’t getting suspended. 

Pitt showed Conner as a full participant at practice all week and didn't have him on the injury report yet he was clearly still bothered by his shoulder injury from the start.  If the league does it's job the Steelers should be getting fined for that. 

Garrett should be done for the year if not longer.  If a player did that college, high school, etc. they'd be banned for life.  If someone did something comparable on the streets they'd be in jail for at least 6 months.  If this was no name player I think the punishment might fit the crime but I don't expect the league to make a statement against the 2017 number 1 overall pick. 

He gone.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28087446/browns-myles-garrett-suspended-indefinitely-steelers-maurkice-pouncey-gets-3-game-ban

Myles Garrett will not play again this season, and maybe longer.

The NFL announced Friday that the Cleveland Browns defensive end has been suspended for the rest of this season, including the playoffs should the Browns make it, and will have to meet with the commissioner's office before being reinstated in 2020.

Pouncy got bounced for three games. Rudolph appeared to try to dislodge Garrett's helmet when the defensive end was on top of him after a late hit. Rudolph also kicked him in the groin area from the ground.

Rudolph doesn't anticipate a suspension, but he is bracing for a potential fine, a source told Fowler. The NFL left the door open for "additional discipline" of other players under the league's standard accountability process, including those who left the bench and ran onto the field to enter the fight area.

Like Cat said, he's a valued commodity. He'll show remorse and be reinstated. The problem is because there is nothing detracting, this issue has gone way mainstream and is the talk of the town to where the NFL has to make a point.

He'll be out for the year, meet with Goodell and Co., then probably get another four games next year.

You can pretty much predict how these big machines operate.

Kapernick is still an asshole.

He had a scheduled tryout where 25 teams scouts and executives showed up at the Falcons practice field then no showed. Without calling anyone in the league, Kapernick decided he wanted the tryout changed to a High School 60 miles away and only made that announcement through a Twitter post 30 minutes before. 

Fuck this guy, his scumbag agent and anyone in his camp. 

https://www.bbc.com/sport/american-football/50448708

What was be being built up as somewhat of a rivalry the last ~2 decades turned into San Fran stomping the crap out of Green Bay last night.  San Fran's D is legit and they are definitely one of the best teams in the NFL but I can't figure out if some of last night was them being that good or if it's a matter of Green Bay being overrated.  As of right now I really do feel like it's pretty open as far as who would be favored to win it all.  Brees and Brady are towards the end of their careers as the arm strength isn't there, they depend on short completions, making few mistakes and will likely go as far as their defenses take them.  San Fran, Baltimore, Minnesota and KC all seem like they have a shot especially if they're playing well when the playoffs start and I still wouldn't discount GB if they can figure some things out.  Buffalo I'm not really buying off on but I could see them winning a divisional game with their defense and big play ability on offense.    

Yeah, I was comparing last nights GB to the team that one in KC (granted there was no Mahomes, injured o-line, and simplified offense for a back up QB) and then was even thinking about the team that lost to the Chargers about two weeks ago or so.

Definitely seems wide open a bit as everyone but the top seeds have weird "any given Sunday" type losses. I'd also throw HOU and NO in the mix. But the Pats and SF defenses are ridiculously above the rest and seem to be able to shutdown damn near everyone. We'll see here in the near future as BAL has a tough stretch of games to end the year, KC vs. NE is in two weeks, and the Vikings don't have a cupcake schedule to end the season

Agreed about BUF, they look like an overachieving team that will lose their 1st round home game due to experience and playing a more talented team. They have played some really bad teams thus far.

Right now, the three best teams are S.F., N.E., and Baltimore.

The NFC West has clearly emerged as the best in the NFL.    It's one of the reasons the Rams are only 6-4, that and the OL needing lots of help.   Granted, they are just a Greg the Leg miss against Seattle away from being tied for the 2nd least losses in the NFC. 

Rams have a brutal schedule though.    Home games vs Baltimore, Seattle, and Arizona; road games vs Dallas, S.F., and Arizona

Edited by Angel Oracle

The NFL and penalties are so bad. I find it hilarious that each station has a ref person for penalties and the they bring them on they basically say the call shouldn't apply, or when they do you get this:

https://www.12up.com/posts/video-troy-aikman-openly-calls-out-mike-pereira-on-live-broadcast-over-terrible-tripping-penalty-01dthgtxqp4j?fbclid=IwAR1Hk1XyT634YclUExtq7XOQU8xYiDkSNC5EsO7cxsMARFOZWDxieL5xfgo

Edited by Brandon

On 11/17/2019 at 7:56 AM, Blarg said:

Kapernick is still an asshole.

He had a scheduled tryout where 25 teams scouts and executives showed up at the Falcons practice field then no showed. Without calling anyone in the league, Kapernick decided he wanted the tryout changed to a High School 60 miles away and only made that announcement through a Twitter post 30 minutes before. 

Fuck this guy, his scumbag agent and anyone in his camp. 

With this stunt, he has burned his credibility even with people who had no issue with what he did. These aren't the actions of someone serious about returning to the NFL.