• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

14 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

That was the weirdest fucking game I have ever seen.

Edit: Weirdest NFL game. Crazy shit like this happens in college football from time to time.

It really was. ESPN has an article up now on their first page about all the records the Chiefs broke. Pretty insane, really.

They looked like a team with bye week rust while also pressing because the Chiefs notoriously fail in the playoffs, especially at home as favorites.

I can’t ever recall a comeback or run like that before. Good to finally be on this side of a game like that.

meanwhile in Green Bay, Packers have played well on offense but Wilson finally woke up and is shredding their defense in the second half. Worried about the Pack holding on, but glad Rodgers is at the helm. Adams has had a terrific game so far.

4 minutes ago, Tank said:

meanwhile in Green Bay, Packers have played well on offense but Wilson finally woke up and is shredding their defense in the second half. Worried about the Pack holding on, but glad Rodgers is at the helm. Adams has had a terrific game so far.

Wait, I thought you were a Chargers fan? Shit, are we down to a single digit fan base now?

29 minutes ago, st1ckboy said:

Wait, I thought you were a Chargers fan? Shit, are we down to a single digit fan base now?

ha. I support the chargers but they're not my team. 

let me know if the other 8 fans plan to come and visit you. we'll need to clean out part of the basement for your guests.

14 hours ago, Tank said:

whew. packers escape with the win. they'll need to seriously step up their defensive work to stop the niners. 

we could possibly have a rematch of super bowl 1.

If so, the losers of that game will win Super Bowl LIV, because the Chiefs aren't the Ravens.   No one can stop that offense, GB certainly won't.

Yesterday's game had a 1974 USC/Domers feel to it.   Domers up 24-0 late in 2nd quarter, and then USC outscores them 55-0 after that.    

Edited by Angel Oracle

18 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

That was the weirdest fucking game I have ever seen.

Edit: Weirdest NFL game. Crazy shit like this happens in college football from time to time.

That one comes a close second for me. The craziest I ever saw was when the then-Houston Oilers took a 35-3 lead in a playoff game at Buffalo and lost to the Bills 41-38 in OT in 1993.

Buffalo Bills pull off one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

That one comes a close second for me. The craziest I ever saw was when the then-Houston Oilers took a 35-3 lead in a playoff game at Buffalo and lost to the Bills 41-38 in OT in 1993.

Buffalo Bills pull off one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history

That Frank Reich was the Bills' QB for that comeback, makes that game a Ripley's candidate.     Dude was decent, as Jim Kelly's backup for many years, but not that great to lead a team from a 3-35 deficit to win.

Edited by Angel Oracle

I don't have a dog in the fight, and apart from wanting to see the Titans get eliminated (long story), I didn't care all that much about the outcomes of either game, nor the Super Bowl. It would have been cool from a historical standpoint to see a rematch of the original AFL-NFL championship  game between Kansas City and Green Bay.

I hope the super bowl is better than the conference championship games. On paper it’s a better match up than either of those games and I think the San Fran D against Mahomes should be entertaining. Nothing worse than ending the season with a lopsided super bowl unless you’re a fan of the winning team or dislike the losing team. 

KC fans have to be psyched over their first Super Bowl appearance in 50 seasons.     It does figure to be an interesting matchup.   Mahomes' passing and running, and the Niners stout running game and defense

Mostert rushed for the second most yards (220) ever in a post-season game.    Eric Dickerson still holds the record (248).  

On 1/13/2020 at 11:22 AM, Angel Oracle said:

That Frank Reich was the Bills' QB for that comeback, makes that game a Ripley's candidate.     Dude was decent, as Jim Kelly's backup for many years, but not that great to lead a team from a 3-35 deficit to win.

Dont forget, that kind of a comeback was sort of Reich's thing.  

Also had the largest college comeback for Maryland to beat Miami.

• Chuck unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-trade-deandre-hopkins-to-cardinals-for-david-johnson-and-draft-picks-per-reports/

Why would the Texans trade one of the top 3 receivers in football for David Johnson?  I realize Johnson has had injury issues then took a backseat to Drake but this makes no sense.  Does something in the new CBA make this make more sense?

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/texans-trade-deandre-hopkins-to-cardinals-for-david-johnson-and-draft-picks-per-reports/

Why would the Texans trade one of the top 3 receivers in football for David Johnson?  I realize Johnson has had injury issues then took a backseat to Drake but this makes no sense.  Does something in the new CBA make this make more sense?

No, it's just a stupid trade by O'Brien.