• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

6 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I've come around to RedZone. I'm not a big enough NFL fan to care too much, but I like to watch the games with my grandparents and it's their method and it's grown on me. I like their setup and presentation. I'm also super impressed they found a dude that sounds identical to that former host with the big ears that used to do ESPN radio here in LA.

I keep forgetting there is an extra game to the season now, but already a hole for some that people expected to be contenders. CLE, BUF, TEN, GB, and IND. AFC West looks like it will be a fun one.

Are you talking about Andrew Siciliano? It's the same guy. Also Red Zone has two different broadcasts. One for DTV and one for cable. 

I think the west, on both sides, will be where it’s at.

The Rams will be a top team, the Cards look to make a jump there if Murray plays like he did consistently, the Seahawks always have a chance with Russ, and I don’t think too much of the Niners, but they will compete.

The AFC West is just stacked. The Chiefs just beat the team closest to them for top spot (Browns looked fantastic the first half and made the jump from a great season last year). If Bridgewater plays well I think the Broncos are going to be good and definitely better than people expect…a playoff team. I watched some of the Chargers game and wasn’t impressed against a poor Resdskins team and a backup QB, but they got one of those road wins good teams should get. Like the Broncos, I think the Raiders will make a jump this year and be a good team.

I’d have to look at the schedules and realize each team plays each other six times, but wouldn’t be surprised if all teams are over .500.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2021 at 5:54 PM, Tank said:

Yes, we have DTV, so this would be my option. The price would be the most important part of this for me.

Received a mailer from DTV yesterday regarding Sunday Ticket.  I thought it was another sales pitch, but turns out it was letting me know that they were giving it to me for free this season.  Nothing to do but tune into the 700 range channels.

I got to see that 109 yard missed FG return live on RZC.

2 hours ago, Slegnaac said:

Received a mailer from DTV yesterday regarding Sunday Ticket.  I thought it was another sales pitch, but turns out it was letting me know that they were giving it to me for free this season.  Nothing to do but tune into the 700 range channels.

I got to see that 109 yard missed FG return live on RZC.

got an email from DTV telling me i have three free months of showtime and epix, and when that time is up, they simply lock it back up and deactivate it.

i'd rather have red zone.

tough day for the rams. cards were too much for them today.

tampa bay and tom brady are in NE tonight for the first time since he left the patriots. didn't watch the opening as i figured it would be about this one singular subject.

was surprised to see that richard sherman signed with the bucs.  he's playing tonight.

Very surprised by the performance of the Cardinals 

Stafford was the leading MVP and they really shut him down as much as any team could 

Kupp has been unstoppable and was held to 5-64 and 0 tds.

Also cardinals ran for 216 yards. Idk even know when the cardinals last cracked 100 as a team.

really incredible performance 

What's this Urban Meyer thing about? I constantly see headlines and major news stories calling for him to be fired because some chick danced with him at a football event. WTF is the world coming too? I start to read the articles, but they are so slanted and make it sound like he murdered someone and the journalist outlets are calling for his job. It's like Twitter and their cancel culture, but from publications that I grew up reading and liking.

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

What's this Urban Meyer thing about? I constantly see headlines and major news stories calling for him to be fired because some chick danced with him at a football event. WTF is the world coming too? I start to read the articles, but they are so slanted and make it sound like he murdered someone and the journalist outlets are calling for his job. It's like Twitter and their cancel culture, but from publications that I grew up reading and liking.

It's not really about the girl. It's that he spent the entire press conference talking about how it was a gut wrenching loss. He spent the whole offseason talking about how they were going to be the hardest working team and staff. Then he didn't fly home on the plane with the team. I didn't find it to be a big deal, but I guess in NFL culture it's a big thing. Coaches spend that time going over the game with the team and watching film. He also didn't take accountability with the team the way he would expect them to. It just shows to the team he's not putting in the effort and/or he doesn't care. The issue is that he's losing the locker room for that, not that he got a lap dance. 

https://theathletic.com/podcast/211-the-athletic-football-show/?episode=201

Here's Mitchell Schwartz talking about why it's a big deal and a disaster for him in the locker room. He is the second guest about halfway through the podcast. It's really worth a listen if you genuinely want to know why NFL people think this is a big deal. If you just want to complain about cancel culture then it won't change your mind.

Here's his former player at tOSU, Ryan Chazier, talking about it and basically saying the same thing.

I didn't really see why it was a big deal either until I started listening to a bunch of former players saying it was. 

• 2 weeks later...