• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official NFL Season Thread

Tank

Denver acquires Bridgewater from Carolina https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-trade-teddy-bridgewater-to-broncos-for-6th-round-pick-on-eve-of-the-2021-nfl-draft/

It cost them a 6th round pick this year and $3M as Carolina will pay the remaining $7M of his 2021 salary.  Not bad given the cost but if neither Lock nor Bridgewater are the long term solution at QB and Denver doesn't draft one they go into next off season still needing their QB of the future.  In a division that has Mahomes and Herbert they really need a guy they can pencil in for the next 5+ years at QB at least but so do a lot of other teams. 

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Denver acquires Bridgewater from Carolina https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/panthers-trade-teddy-bridgewater-to-broncos-for-6th-round-pick-on-eve-of-the-2021-nfl-draft/

It cost them a 6th round pick this year and $3M as Carolina will pay the remaining $7M of his 2021 salary.  Not bad given the cost but if neither Lock nor Bridgewater are the long term solution at QB and Denver doesn't draft one they go into next off season still needing their QB of the future.  In a division that has Mahomes and Herbert they really need a guy they can pencil in for the next 5+ years at QB at least but so do a lot of other teams. 

I am no fan of the Broncos, but I think this is a good move for them. It brings in some competition for Lock, and it doesn't cost so much that they can't take a QB if their guy falls to them. This keeps them from having to trade up to get a top flight QB if they don't want to. 

18 hours ago, eaterfan said:

I am no fan of the Broncos, but I think this is a good move for them. It brings in some competition for Lock, and it doesn't cost so much that they can't take a QB if their guy falls to them. This keeps them from having to trade up to get a top flight QB if they don't want to. 

It's not a bad move and aside from the draft it's not like there's better QB options available right now but as a Bronco fan the last 4 years I've watched them average 6 wins a year, have a bottom third or worse offense each season, have more misses than hits in the draft and seen two division opponents end up with franchise QB's who should be in the division for the next 10+ years.  This is the first year in a long time that Elway isn't calling the shots and he's proof positive that good players don't necessarily make good GM's or talent evaluators.  They can afford to stand pat at 9 and even trade back as multiple teams supposedly want into the top 10 but if there's a QB they really believe in they can draft sooner or later they have to take that shot and move up.

Rodgers supposedly wants out https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-tells-packers-he-doesnt-want-to-return-reigning-nfl-mvp-upset-with-organization/

Can't say I blame him given his age and the moves Green Bay made the last few years particularly when it comes to players/positions they've drafted.  I'm guessing GB doesn't want to trade him but I'll be curious to see if a trade materializes before or during the draft.  If they hold onto him and he threatens to sit out or is constantly in the press saying he wants out that's not something you want to deal with as the season approaches.  Gotta question his timing with this coming out now as it puts the GB front office in a bind with not much time to act before the draft.

19 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Rodgers supposedly wants out https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-tells-packers-he-doesnt-want-to-return-reigning-nfl-mvp-upset-with-organization/

Can't say I blame him given his age and the moves Green Bay made the last few years particularly when it comes to players/positions they've drafted.  I'm guessing GB doesn't want to trade him but I'll be curious to see if a trade materializes before or during the draft.  If they hold onto him and he threatens to sit out or is constantly in the press saying he wants out that's not something you want to deal with as the season approaches.  Gotta question his timing with this coming out now as it puts the GB front office in a bind with not much time to act before the draft.

I'm thinking this coming out just hours before the draft was him just putting the team on notice to draft some offensive help this week. 

Perhaps but it could be too little too late given the fact they haven't done that the last two off seasons.  Two years ago they drafted Jordan Love when Rodgers still had quite a few years ahead of him when they could have used that pick to give Rodgers another weapon.  Last year instead of drafting a WR to compliment Adams they drafted AJ Dillon when they still had Jones and Williams on the roster.  Then this off season they re-signed A. Jones (nothing wrong with that but makes drafting Dillon even more of a head scratcher) when they could have invested less in a second WR.  They lost Linsley as a FA and Bakhtiari is coming back from a knee injury while OL is definitely a need in the draft.  I understand making moves for the future but they've done so at the expense of making moves to push the recent teams that have a smaller window with Rodgers over the hump.  

The Chargers needed an OL or more specifically one that can play LT and got a guy that some thought was the best one in the draft who more than held his own against Chase Young when they played in 2019.  Only time will tell but on paper it's a good pick.

Denver overpaid for a CB in FA who has been healthy one full season in his 6 year career, signed CB Fuller from the Bears on a one year deal, have Callahan who who was a starter last year under contract and drafted a CB at 9.  My issue isn't with them picking Surtain II specifically it's the fact that they drafted a position that isn't a need on paper until next year when Fuller and Callahan are FA's.  They can still come away with a LB and OL in rounds 2 and 3 but as one article pointed out unless they're going all in and somehow land Rodgers they're a team that likely still needs their QB of the future unless Lock does a 180.  Maybe they weren't high on Fields or there's someone they like on day 2 or 3 but getting a franchise QB in the later rounds is less likely.