• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 9/5 Angels @ Athletics

2 hours ago, rottiesworld said:

They need to get rid of the Manager who is just a stupid Manager to pitchers out then they should keep pitching. If he stays next season will be the same, can you imagine if the Angels get Cole and he comes out to take him out of the game in the 5th or 6th inning, the melt down that Cole would have. I just hope they get rid of him. I also hope the Angels get some Relievers because the ones they have now won’t cut it. How many games have we lost because of them??

Saber metrics is killing the Angels 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The epic and excruciating collapse of 1995 capped off by the 163rd game in Seattle.

Luis Sojo jumping up and down while Langston lay there across home plate.

That was the worst thing I ever witnessed as an Angels fan.

Nothing compares to Donnie Moore pitching to Dave Henderson....

5 hours ago, azmancini said:

Do you really think the majority if not all those players give a shit anymore. Really?  Believe me, they are thoroughly enjoying their first class arrangements on their way and in Chicago without a F ucking care in the world. The millionaires which make up a good percentage of them just want the season to end so they could do the things millionaires do.  This is why minor league and in the AZ fall league level ball is more exciting to watch. These kids are really playing for something.

Rack em

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The epic and excruciating collapse of 1995 capped off by the 163rd game in Seattle.

Luis Sojo jumping up and down while Langston lay there across home plate.

That was the worst thing I ever witnessed as an Angels fan.

yeah that was pretty bad.

7 hours ago, azmancini said:

Do you really think the majority if not all those players give a shit anymore. Really?  Believe me, they are thoroughly enjoying their first class arrangements on their way and in Chicago without a F ucking care in the world. The millionaires which make up a good percentage of them just want the season to end so they could do the things millionaires do.  This is why minor league and in the AZ fall league level ball is more exciting to watch. These kids are really playing for something.

Yeah I guess if I’m Mike Trout I’d rather be fishing, hunting, golfing or sitting by the pool at this point. 

3 hours ago, DMVol said:

Nothing compares to Donnie Moore pitching to Dave Henderson....

But we still had a chance to win in the bottom of the 9th. Tie score, bases loaded, one out. 

And two more games after that with a chance to close it out. You could say that was a prolonged agony of a few days. The 1995 season's agony took a month-and-a-half to play out.

Jesus guys - Donnie Moore was 33 years ago.  The Kingdome was 24 years ago.

They were tough losses - but they reverberate with you literally decades later.  Obviously they will for the rest of your life - if you are the AO type.

Seasons like this are absolute dud bores.  You'll remember this as much as the morning whizz you took when you woke up a week ago Thursday. 

Unless you are the type that really enjoy Pujols passing Hack Wilson for 5th on the all time doubles list, these seasons of boredom and mediocrity are the frigging worst.  There is no "there" there.