• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Special thanks to Eppler & Ausmus, we're now at .500 as a franchise

Chuck

8 hours ago, beatlesrule said:

The Yankees have smarter people in charge and are better run organization.

The yankees from about 13 to 2017 werent that much different than us until this year... mid 80s wins.. which is what, 5 or so more than weve been averaging?

The finished 4th in their division twice in that time frame, and this is the first time since 2012 that theyve been tops in the division.

And its not like they didnt waste money like we did in thst time.

The reason theyre at where theyre at is because they recognized reality, decided on a long term plan instead of a short term one.

People on here are jealous of their depth, but seem to not want to have the patience to try to replicate it here.

40 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

He's going to continue to bump this stupid ass thread, isn't he?

The thread was started by Chuck so it must be relevant to some. I remember years back when we celebrated the fact that we passed the .500 mark so it must mean something.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:12 PM, beatlesrule said:

The Yankees have smarter people in charge and are better run organization.

They were down earlier this decade, albeit not as much as the Halos have been these past 4 seasons.   Cashman though was putting a plan into place, seen by  signing not nearly as many big money FAs as they did when George owned the team.

Eppler is also building a solid org to keep going well into the future.   Remember that he did understudy Cashman before coming here.

But yes, it is time for Eppler to utilize the next piece of the puzzle, signing two SOLID FA starting pitchers.   Most everything else has been set up.   TWO solid starters allows them to have Ohtani, Heaney, Canning, Sandoval, Suarez, Peters, etc. for good depth without the pressure of being in the two top spots in the rotation, a positive domino effect.

Edit: Just saw TORS post, which earlier explained what I just said.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:07 PM, Baghdad Strad said:

Continue to build depth in the minors while making improvements with the free agent signings.  Now that the Trout situation has been settled I believe that Arte will ok a signing of a front line starter and increased payroll.  

And the increased payroll would likely only be for 2-3 years tops anyway, until Calhoun, Cozart, Pujols, and Upton all come off of the roster payroll.

As it has been said on here, this off-season is the right time to make the first big pitching salary splash since signing Wilson and extending Weave 8 years ago, now that most everything else has been put into place.

2 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I’m really not losing faith with Eppler but....

When he said that they casted a wide net to hire a new manager. He was full of shit. 

I am having trouble seeing how the Angels are in a better position this year compared to last year when free agency is the only viable option for the next step.

2 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I am having trouble seeing how the Angels are in a better position this year compared to last year when free agency is the only viable option for the next step.

Yeah I’m worried about the older guys taking too much time to leave. It’s almost like they’re chewing up some valuable Trout time. It would be fools gold entering next season with just a couple of pitching acquisitions. Simmons, Upton, Calhoun are starting to show wear and tear. We still need a stud catcher and another true impact bat. 

On 8/31/2019 at 4:55 PM, mymerlincat said:

People need to stop using injuries as an excuse.  The Yankees lead the league in injuries and have the best record in the league.  Winning organizations don’t use stuff like that as an excuse.  

^^^

It took Mike 19 seasons to lift the Angels record since 1961 above .500 with a few wins to spare.

It took Brad four months to bring it all down. Oh, woe.

It's gonna take Brad another 19 seasons to get back to .500.

That's even longer than Trout's contract, which a future generation of posters will probably blast as a legacy burden that's holding the team back.