• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Details of Tyler Skaggs’ death could trigger legal battle with millions at stake

On 8/31/2019 at 12:13 PM, REDneck said:

don't see a case, but I'm sure there is one.

I guess I should withhold a opinion until more details are known but unless the employee in question held Skaggs down and forced a deadly dose of fent on him then forced him to chase it with alcohol how about some personal responsibility.

Michael Jackson's death was caused by a lethal dose of Propofol, prescribed  by Michael's doctor Conrad Murray. He was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

5 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I still don't understand why a settlement even needs to happen. There have to be more details that haven't been made public because that's the only thing that makes sense.

It’s just a bunch of us knuckle heads assuming a settlement will happen for the same reason most settlements happen.  

8 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

I still don't understand why a settlement even needs to happen. There have to be more details that haven't been made public because that's the only thing that makes sense.

I’m guessing it’s related to paying them the rest of his contract money? Not sure however.

3 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

It’s just a bunch of us knuckle heads assuming a settlement will happen for the same reason most settlements happen.  

This. Right or wrong is almost a moot point. The sad truth is it’s easier to pay and make it go away rather than deal with the negative press and growing legal fees. 

Skaggs OD'd on 3 drugs. The Angels shouldn't have to pay the family for their Son's mistake. What negative press and legal fees will come from this?  People OD everyday. How is this any different? Skaggs was in a Texas hotel room. What jury or judge is going to award the family money for that? I don't understand how the Angels have any legal obligation to one of their employees mixing 3 drugs together alone in a hotel room. How does that justify paying the employees family a bunch of money?

7 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Skaggs OD'd on 3 drugs. The Angels shouldn't have to pay the family for their Son's mistake. What negative press and legal fees will come from this?  People OD everyday. How is this any different? Skaggs was in a Texas hotel room. What jury or judge is going to award the family money for that? I don't understand how the Angels have any legal obligation to one of their employees mixing 3 drugs together alone in a hotel room. How does that justify paying the employees family a bunch of money?

The court of public opinion.  

30 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

It's referred to as headline risk in the business world.  Stories like this are front page while retractions, settlements and so on end up on the back page where hardly anyone sees them.  On the news the legal battle is a leading story while a settlement is a 30 second blurb later on in the show.  The longer it's on the front page and being talked about while it's dragged out the more it negatively affects the franchise as they try to move forward with business as usual.  It has nothing to do with right, wrong or justified.  For the record I don't think the Angels should pay anything but rather than dragging it out and keeping the franchise in the news for the wrong reasons I wouldn't fault them for paying a settlement which includes an NDA to put it to bed. 

4 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

For the record I don't think the Angels should pay anything but rather than dragging it out and keeping the franchise in the news for the wrong reasons I wouldn't fault them for paying a settlement which includes an NDA to put it to bed. 

especially if there are criminal charges