• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

LAT: Details of Tyler Skaggs’ death could trigger legal battle with millions at stake

13 hours ago, Second Base said:

I didn't think of that. But I would've thought if he was out with friends the night before, that would've been reported.

Generally speaking....

Baseball players do not go “out” drinking to random bars with strangers. They drink with each other in the hotel, in relative private. Not necessarily in their rooms. Sometimes the hotel bar keeps an area open for them. 

I think in this world of every single person essentially having a camera in his pocket, they chose not to hang around doing anything potentially embarrassing with strangers. 

I have no knowledge of what Skaggs did in this particular case, but I’ll add that they have lots of alcohol available on the plane.  

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

So let's analyze how the skaggs family believes that someone in the Angels organization supplies skaggs.  How would they know?

1. Skaggs texted the family Sunday night to tell them an employee was out making a score. 
  2. The skaggs family has known for a while that someone was supplying him. And that skaggs was doing drugs.
  3. Someone has told them since the overdose.  That would be interesting since the organization (I've heard Trout  and Ausmus) seem to be going the Seargent Shultz route (I know NOTHING)

Anyone else have theories as to how the skaggs family knows?

4. The police found out independent of the team about the other person’s involvement. Maybe a security camera caught this person going into his room? I know the police questioned the rest of the team after it happened to see who knew anything and perhaps this person said something to the police that no one else in the organization knew. 

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

When I lived on the Newport Peninsula I regularly ran into players at the bars.  I can recall episodes of extreme drunkenness, smoking cigs, etc.  And that’s in a town where people recognized these guys. 

My roommate used to work at a bar on main street in HB years ago and said Shields and I think Lackey would come in.  I remember him mentioning Shields for sure because he said the guy would smoke almost an entire pack of cigarettes while he was there.  Another guy I knew was close with Lackey for a while and those guys along with various players during that time went out to bars and brunch and definitely drank.  Of course there's always the goat hill stories of about ~10 years ago.  That said I'm sure these days with cellphones and the constant in your face social media more than ever players are trying to keep it behind closed doors or at smaller places where people aren't taking pictures, recognizing them or just don't care. 

6 hours ago, calscuf said:

When I lived on the Newport Peninsula I regularly ran into players at the bars.  I can recall episodes of extreme drunkenness, smoking cigs, etc.  And that’s in a town where people recognized these guys. 

The hockey players are the worst. The east coast teams who travel to socal close bars and tear up hotel rooms but usually leave a rather large tip. 

Edited by Calzone 2

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

2006-09.  I know smartphones weren’t everywhere then but phones did have cameras and plenty of people were carrying around digital cameras.

That was a different world ago. There was no Twitter, no instagram. The percentage of people with cameras on their phone has probably gone from about 10 percent to 90 percent since then. 

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Were you in Texas with the team that week Jeff?

The bottom line is Tyler choked on his own vomit the same day he organized a cowboy themed team party on an off night in Texas complete with a team  photo on the tarmac.

He was responsible for his own selfish actions.

It's a tragedy for his family but he was solely responsible for this tragedy.

The family is hurting but his selfish choices are the sole reason for the hurt.

Bro how many times you gonna copy/paste this

9 minutes ago, RBM said:

Were you in Texas with the team that week Jeff?

The bottom line is Tyler choked on his own vomit the same day he organized a cowboy themed team party on an off night in Texas complete with a team  photo on the tarmac.

He was responsible for his own selfish actions.

It's a tragedy for his family but he was solely responsible for this tragedy.

The family is hurting but his selfish choices are the sole reason for the hurt.

I was in Texas to cover the games. 

As for the rest of your post, I assume it wasn’t in reference to my post that you quoted. 

Just now, RBM said:

Sorry, I assumed you travel with the team. I know the Lakers announcers do but now that I think about it I guess the Lakers beat writers don't.

My larger point was this should start and end with the selfish decisions made by Tyler Skaggs. It's a terrible tragedy but he is solely responsible.

No I don’t travel with them. I’ve actually only been in the same hotel one time in 7 years and never been on their plane. They stay a lot nicer places than me and travel much more directly. 

As for your larger point.... I’m staying away from that one. All I know is there is a lot we don’t know, and it’s my job not to assume things.