Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Angels pick up Eppler’s option for 2020


mmc

Recommended Posts

Its a big year for him. As I said in another thread, while I'm a supporter of Eppler and like his overall approach (as far as I understand it), I do think we're approaching the point where we have to start seeing progress in the team's record. While I doubt Arte has anything specific in mind, I would guess that an 85+ win season and wildcard contention into September is a must for Eppler to remain the GM after next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we've reached the point where in 2020, it's time for Billy Eppler's team to be in the playoffs.  If the Angels aren't a playoff team next year, with this fair system and this payroll, an dMike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, then it's time for a new GM. 

Having said that, most have been on the board long enough to know that I've been talking about 2020 ever since 2017.  I believe that will be the start of a very successful era for Billy Eppler and the Angels. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I think we've reached the point where in 2020, it's time for Billy Eppler's team to be in the playoffs.  If the Angels aren't a playoff team next year, with this fair system and this payroll, an dMike Trout and Shohei Ohtani, then it's time for a new GM. 

Having said that, most have been on the board long enough to know that I've been talking about 2020 ever since 2017.  I believe that will be the start of a very successful era for Billy Eppler and the Angels. 

Whomst is D'Mike Trout

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Why in the world would we extend people in the organization while we are under police investigation?  

Lol you think front office brass had anything to do with a player getting a hold of fentanyl ? This is like saying a principal should get shit canned because one of the students OD’d. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I support bringing Eppler back but I tend to agree that this is a put up or shut up season for him.  He’s gotta bring in some pitchers that have a positive impact.  And I know some of you - a lot of you disagree.  But I think we need another legitimate impact bat as well.  We need to see obvious progress at the major league level that translates into winning.  I’m not going to say they need to win the division or even the wild card.  A team can win 85+ games and not make the postseason.  But if all the “progress” is hoping that some players are developing well that’s not good enough.  He should have a chance to have a good offseason.  Let’s see if he makes it happen. 

Edited by UndertheHalo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I support bringing Eppler back but I tend to agree that this is a put up or shut up season for him.  He’s gotta bring in some pitchers that have a positive impact.  And I know some of you - a lot of you disagree.  But I think we need another legitimate impact bat as well.  We need to see obvious progress at the major league level that translates into winning.  I’m not going to say they need to win the division or even the wild card.  A team can win 85+ games and not make the postseason.  But if all the “progress” is hoping that some players are developing well that’s not good enough.  He should have a chance to have a good offseason.  Let’s see if he makes it happen. 

This ^^^^^^

I think that we need a couple of impact bats. Eppler also needs to find a way to purge a couple of expensive non-impact bats. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I mean, this is a very important off-season for the Angels. They aren't going to throw "Need new gm" on top of the pile. 

I'm glad Eppler gets the chance to make this team into a contender. He certainly has his work cut out for him. 

How has he worked out so far? Granted the organization has some talent scattered around the lower minors but the Major League team has sucked. The Angels still don’t have a catcher and there isn’t any on the way. The lack of useful starting pitching is staggering. 

I, for one, am not as optimistic as most that Eppler can put together a winning team. I am rooting for him though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I wonder if the doctors told your parents that you were going to be a special child. 

I was under the impression the owner of this site instructed people to quit insulting each other when it came to discussing the GM and the state of the franchise.  Guess you didn’t get the memo?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I was under the impression the owner of this site instructed people to quit insulting each other when it came to discussing the GM and the state of the franchise.  Guess you didn’t get the memo?

I'm pretty sure he was insulting the doctors.

You're welcome

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Baghdad Strad said:

Did Chuck really say not to make fun of people about their Eppler opinions?  

 

So let's cheer on the team in one accord, and though we may disagree and vent, we do so without vitriol, but with friendly banter. Always be mindful of our code of conduct and respectful to others. Thank you guys! ?”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...