• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

13 Games Back!

That was how far back Oakland was on June 20th 2012.  And how did the finish?  That's right they won the AL West

Today the Angels are 9 games back (8.5 pending tonight's game) and it is only May 27th.  So can you please quit giving up and saying the divisional race is over!  It is far from over.  However, we do have to get healthy.  We need Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Hanson, and Williams in the starting rotation.  Quit giving up games every 5th day.  We need Weaver and Wilson to pitch up to potential and Vargas and Williams to continue their hot pitching.  We need the bullpen fully healthy.  We have to offense to make the comeback so long as the pitching does it job.  And please no more Blanton and Enright in the rotation!

That was how far back Oakland was on June 20th 2012.  And how did the finish?  That's right they won the AL West

Today the Angels are 9 games back (8.5 pending tonight's game) and it is only May 27th.  So can you please quit giving up and saying the divisional race is over!  It is far from over.  However, we do have to get healthy.  We need Weaver, Wilson, Vargas, Hanson, and Williams in the starting rotation.  Quit giving up games every 5th day.  We need Weaver and Wilson to pitch up to potential and Vargas and Williams to continue their hot pitching.  We need the bullpen fully healthy.  We have to offense to make the comeback so long as the pitching does it job.  And please no more Blanton and Enright in the rotation!

the rangers suffered a lot of injuries last season and the a's had a good pitching staff. the angels don't. it would take a lot of unlikely events for the angels to win the division like the rangers playing below .500 or every player on the angels having a career year from here on out. 

it would take a lot of unlikely events for the angels to win the division like the rangers playing below .500 or every player on the angels having a career year from here on out. 

Or just another Rangers choke job, which are becoming quite common. 

Rangers have played a total of 16 games vs teams over .500.  They look good, but then again the Angels have looked good playing the weak sisters too.

the rangers suffered a lot of injuries last season and the a's had a good pitching staff. the angels don't. it would take a lot of unlikely events for the angels to win the division like the rangers playing below .500 or every player on the angels having a career year from here on out. 

Whatever excuse you want to give for the Rangers losing the title last year is beside the point.  I was making my point at Angel fans not Ranger fans.  I  don't like the defeatist attitude that we cannot win the division.  My point was just a little as last year, teams have come back from deep deficits.  Hell last year the Angels were withing a 9th inning melt down of being down by just a game by the Rangers in August, so there is a lot of baseball left.  If your a Ranger fan, go support your team.  I am an Angel fan and I haven't given up.

rangers have also had the fewest home games in the league and the angels have had a week of completely unsustainable pitching performances. are you not aware of small sample sizes?

Good God.  You've made more excuses in this thread than I have made to my wife this entire year.  Next up:

"It's hotter here in the summer."

"The umpires were bad."

"I wasn't wearing my Ranger beanie"