• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

is Chris Iaanetta's On Base Percentage, despite batting only .209.  He's currently on a 6 game streak where he's drawn at least one walk.  He's practically got a 1 to 1 ratio between walks and strikeouts (31 BB's to 33 K's).  On the flip side, Aybar has a .279 On Base Percentage and can't seem to execute a suicide squeeze.  I understand that the club has an 8-game winning streak and you don't necessarily wanna mess with a winning streak.  But, I just see way too much upside with having a hitter who operates exactly like a lead-off man batting AT the lead-off spot. 

The offense has been very solid, but imagine how much better it could be if you can increase the amount of at bats that Trout, Pujols, and Trumbo have a runner on by 9%.  I think this is a good time to start the Iaanetta at lead-off era. 

is Chris Iaanetta's On Base Percentage, despite batting only .209.  He's currently on a 6 game streak where he's drawn at least one walk.  He's practically got a 1 to 1 ratio between walks and strikeouts (31 BB's to 33 K's).  On the flip side, Aybar has a .279 On Base Percentage and can't seem to execute a suicide squeeze.  I understand that the club has an 8-game winning streak and you don't necessarily wanna mess with a winning streak.  But, I just see way too much upside with having a hitter who operates exactly like a lead-off man batting AT the lead-off spot. 

The offense has been very solid, but imagine how much better it could be if you can increase the amount of at bats that Trout, Pujols, and Trumbo have a runner on by 9%.  I think this is a good time to start the Iaanetta at lead-off era. 

I don't think I would be comfortable with Iannetta at Lead-off. However, you bring up a great point about his OBP. I have seen him being knocked for is AVG and being compared to some of our bad offensive catchers such as Mathis. There is no comparison to be made as Mathis rarely walked.  Iannetta has always had a history of walking (look at his OBP for Rockies) and this is one reason why he is extremely valuable. You can look at his OBP and that to me this is as valuable as AVG especially since he is getting on for the big boys coming up behind him. Also, he provides some decent pop and for some reason IMO seems to often hit homers when you the team need them (to either expand a lead in a close game or get us close in a game where we are 3-4 runs behind).