• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pat Corbin

I was interviewed by XM radio at the time about this trade (I was in the middle of Yellowstone National Park--trying to get reception for the phone call was a challenge!). At the time, I said we gave up a lot of talent to get talent. Considering all the variables that could happen to a player between the Minors and Majors, it was a fair trade--one that is working out for the Diamondbacks now.

Interestingly, remember who it was who made the call on it. If anyone doesn't think that Dipoto can evaluate talent, that was his call.

Chatwood was still pretty bad after he left the Angels. His numbers last year for Colorado were very similar to his 2011 totals with us.

This current upswing could just be an anomaly.

He's only 23 pitching in a hitters park. I disagree think he has good upside. 

He's only 23 pitching in a hitters park. I disagree think he has good upside. 

He also hasn't been anything impressive above High-A ball before a couple months of this year.

Maybe he puts it together enough to end up a back of the rotation guy, but I don't think he'll throw enough strikes or miss enough bats to be much more.

Tyler Chawood 3-0 1.90 ERA, Angels have given away lots of young talented arms. 

As much as I liked getting a quality catcher instead of going back to Mathis, I did feel we gave up on Chatwood too soon.  I thought he did fairly well his first season.

Chatwood was still pretty bad after he left the Angels. His numbers last year for Colorado were very similar to his 2011 totals with us.

This current upswing could just be an anomaly.

this is only his third year, so I don't think you can call this year an anomaly.  Maybe his first two years were an anomaly.

As much as I liked getting a quality catcher instead of going back to Mathis, I did feel we gave up on Chatwood too soon.  I thought he did fairly well his first season.

Chatwood as an Angel:

4.75 ERA, 1.669 WHIP.

10.5 H/9

4.5 BB/9

4.7 K/9

I think you have to be granting him an awful lot of leeway to call that doing fairly well.

I have to say a part of me gets really angry every time Corbin or Skaggs dominates. But then another part of me says we have the guy who executed the deal. Don't forget Dipoto has also got us guys like Vargas, De La Rosa, Coello. This may not seem like much but these 3 have contributed greatly to our pitching staff this season. Also JB Shuck has turned out to be a real solid player for us.