• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Non-SP 2019-2020 Free Agent Class

totdprods

17 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It just occurred to my why Eppler went after Stassi in addition to his pitch framing.  He's got the same avg. exit velo as Trout and one of the lowest launch angles in baseball.  

The difference between the two are called hard hit outs. Stassi >Trout

3 hours ago, totdprods said:

Seeing the number of Houston pitchers set to hit free agency - Cole, Miley, McHugh, Rondon, Harris, Smith - makes me want the Angels to at least kick the tires on virtually all of them. That’s a huge chunk of their pitching staff. Do anything we can to strain that part of their team.

I debated posting the same thing and agree that McHugh is the top target after Cole.  You have to get the best players/fit you can regardless of what team they are on, but boy, does it help if they are on the ones you are chasing.

23 minutes ago, Wisconsin27 said:

I debated posting the same thing and agree that McHugh is the top target after Cole.  You have to get the best players/fit you can regardless of what team they are on, but boy, does it help if they are on the ones you are chasing.

Even if they wind up not being all the Angels would hope they'd be, losing them still causes the Astros to have to replace within - possibly rushing guys or thinning their own depth - or causing them to spend resources like money or other prospects to replace. That affects the Astros regardless of how those players perform with the Angels.

Would love it if they added two arms from Houston this winter, in any capacity, just to keep putting pressure on them in indirect ways. 

Edited by totdprods

5 minutes ago, eligrba said:

@totdprodsThanks for all of the information.  In all seriousness, your posts sure make it easy for me to be an informed fan.  Nice work.

Thanks @eligrba, I appreciate it. 

I just seek to provide posts that stir up new and interesting conversation and challenging tunnel-vision narrative that the board can fall into. 

I'd prefer Goodwin over Gardner as a half to one year stopgap to Adell.    Most of Gardner's HRs have come in either LHH haven Yankee Stadium, crazy hitting friendly Camden Yards, or offensive friendly Tropacrapa Field.  

So many of those one year stopgap signings have failed miserably.   Goodwin and LaStella are the only two, amongst position players, that have worked out over the past 5 years.

Go with the guy who put up solid numbers for you this season. 

22 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

I'd prefer Goodwin over Gardner as a half to one year stopgap to Adell.    Most of Gardner's HRs have come in either LHH haven Yankee Stadium, crazy hitting friendly Camden Yards, or offensive friendly Tropacrapa Field.  

So many of those one year stopgap signings have failed miserably.   Goodwin and LaStella are the only two, amongst position players, that have worked out over the past 5 years.

Go with the guy who put up solid numbers for you this season. 

Kinsler (Buttrey) and Maldonado (Sandoval) should count too.