10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I really don’t think any of that was in his contract. Everything he did fell under the terms of the MLB drug program, which followed him no matter where he signed. 

He was subject to a lot more testing because of his past offenses and if he failed a test he was subject to harsher penalties, which included loss of salary. 

The loophole was if he used drugs and admitted it, without failing a test, there were no penalties, but that was a loophole in the MLB drug program. It had nothing to do with the Angels. They had no power to add their own restrictions on to the MLB rules. 

This is why you pay your agent big money, so they can teach you how to get out of the jail free of charge.....

On 8/18/2019 at 8:50 AM, tdawg87 said:

Josh Hamilton is a turd burgling thunderc*nt.

Yes, but here is the burning question for you tdawg:

Do you hope he gets AIDS?

19 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

1DEBB22F-CF79-41D2-924D-87DE5634A226.jpeg

This off-season will be crucial. The Angels need Cole and two middle rotation pitchers. They will also need a catcher. I hope Eppler does much better with his free agent signings or the Angels will be screwed for multiple seasons.

5 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Sign Cole and Odorizzi. Trade for a number 4 starter, someone like Anibal Sanchez.

I'm a genius.

But how soon after signing will they need surgery?

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

To me, the fact that the Angels need multiple pitchers isn’t a “problem” in pursuing Cole but rather increases the likelihood they will aggressively pursue Cole.

The Angels really need him.

The Angels shopped at Salvation Army long enough and settled for things because they were on sale. The Angels need to shop at a department store and get that timeless piece that is fashionable for a while. I hope we get him. 

5 minutes ago, WeaverFever said:

The Angels shopped at Salvation Army long enough and settled for things because they were on sale. The Angels need to shop at a department store and get that timeless piece that is fashionable for a while. I hope we get him. 

Time to walk into Nordstrom with no sale going on and just buy what you need for the price on the tag.

Sometimes that is the right transaction.

Anybody that can pitch at least 162 innings with a sub 4.00 ERA, come on DOWN!!!!!!   You're automatically the ace!

Currently, 37 MLB pitchers have a sub 4.00 ERA and are on pace for at least 162 innings pitched (24 in NL, 13 in AL). 

The real disapointment is having only 20 team QS's, when the next lowest in the AL is the O's with 30.   

You CAN'T fix that WITHOUT acquiring a couple of solid innings eaters at the least, preferably Cole plus either Odorizzi or Miley.