• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cole

Rendon is awesome, but I'd rather have Cole and I don't see Arte spending $50-60M a year on both. 

Another question to ask: Would y'all rather have Rendon for 6/$150M or Grandal for 3/$50M? 

Who knows, maybe Arte says F*ck it and signs Cole, Wheeler/Odorizzi, Rendon, and Grandal. 95 wins, baby.

Of course then the bullpen would implode, Trout would get fat, Rendon and Grandal would collide on a pop fly by Xander Deverbetts, and the entire rotation would require TJS, and we're back down to 83-79. Progress!

Another year of Angels baseball, in other words.

15 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

Rendon is awesome, but I'd rather have Cole and I don't see Arte spending $50-60M a year on both. 

Another question to ask: Would y'all rather have Rendon for 6/$150M or Grandal for 3/$50M? 

Who knows, maybe Arte says F*ck it and signs Cole, Wheeler/Odorizzi, Rendon, and Grandal. 95 wins, baby.

Of course then the bullpen would implode, Trout would get fat, Rendon and Grandal would collide on a pop fly by Xander Deverbetts, and the entire rotation would require TJS, and we're back down to 83-79. Progress!

Another year of Angels baseball, in other words.

My new favorite name. 

I doubt Eppler has any interest in Rendon.  Offense isn’t the focused need.  I was just saying if the Angels can’t go purchase the pitching they need, the other way to get an elite pitcher would be to trade Adell.  So then MAYBE you go purchase an offensive player to “replace” what you hoped for with Adell.

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

I doubt Eppler has any interest in Rendon.  Offense isn’t the focused need.  I was just saying if the Angels can’t go purchase the pitching they need, the other way to get an elite pitcher would be to trade Adell.  So then MAYBE you go purchase an offensive player to “replace” what you hoped for with Adell.

Puig would be a perfect fit. 

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No thanks.

I know he has a history of stupid things people do but I also think that working with Trout and Pujols might keep him in check. He’s only 28 and might end up being a bargain with a big upside. I’d be willing to take a chance on him with some contingency language in his contract. 

2 hours ago, Calzone 2 said:

I know he has a history of stupid things people do but I also think that working with Trout and Pujols might keep him in check. He’s only 28 and might end up being a bargain with a big upside. I’d be willing to take a chance on him with some contingency language in his contract. 

Trout and Pujols don’t need a project.  Pass.

12 hours ago, Stradling said:

Contingency language worked out well last time.  Here’s a refresher  

Hamilton is certainly to blame but don’t disregard the fact that the Angels clearly failed to dot the I’s and cross the T’s in his contract. Their counsel and administration clearly didn’t cover their ass and as a result Josh Hamilton took advantage of their blind faith.

Edited by Calzone 2

Just now, Calzone 2 said:

Hamilton is certainly to blame but don’t disregard the fact that the Angels clearly failed to dot the I’s and cross the T’s in his contract. Their administration clearly didn’t cover their ass and as a result Josh Hamilton robbed them blind. 

You realize the Angels and every other team has to write a contract that is in accordance with the CBA...  They can't make requests that haven't already been approved by both MLB and the MLBPA.  So while you can create a narrative to the contrary the reality is they couldn't make demands that weren't in the CBA...  Their mistake was they acted in good faith and assumed Hamilton would too.   

Hamilton cheated the system and got over.   As a result MLB reworked their drug policy in the next CBA

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

You realize the Angels and every other team has to write a contract that is in accordance with the CBA...  They can't make requests that haven't already been approved by both MLB and the MLBPA.  So while you can create a narrative to the contrary the reality is they couldn't make demands that weren't in the CBA...  Their mistake was they acted in good faith and assumed Hamilton would too.   

Hamilton cheated the system and got over.   As a result MLB reworked their drug policy in the next CBA

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yea Josh is a piece of shit. Their mistake was signing him.  They put a clause in his contract that they thought he’d live up to, because he said he would but he didn’t.  That’s 100% on him, not the Angels. 

If the Angels signed him to a deal that allowed him to violate his agreement with no legal recourse then shame on both parties. 

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Yea Josh is a piece of shit. Their mistake was signing him.  They put a clause in his contract that they thought he’d live up to, because he said he would but he didn’t.  That’s 100% on him, not the Angels. 

That's really the crux of it.    Whats that line about how can you tell when an addict is lying?    They made the mistake of trusting him and that's entirely on them.   

Just now, Inside Pitch said:

That's really the crux of it.    Whats that line about how can you tell when an addict is lying?    They made the mistake of trusting him and that's entirely on them.   

Yep all the conversations were had, there was transparency from the Angels side, there were clauses in the contract that he agreed to, clauses that wouldn’t hold up to the union but ones Josh agreed to and made Arte believe he would honor. Then he chose to be a piece of shit. 

8 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

If the Angels signed him to a deal that allowed him to violate his agreement with no legal recourse then shame on both parties. 

The "shame" is all on Hamilton. The Angels have learned their lesson. Joshy poo has not.

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yep all the conversations were had, there was transparency from the Angels side, there were clauses in the contract that he agreed to, clauses that wouldn’t hold up to the union but ones Josh agreed to and made Arte believe he would honor. Then he chose to be a piece of shit. 

Former Texas Rangers slugging superstar Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125-million deal with the Angels on Thursday, and the Rangers aren’t very pleased with how they found out about it.

Rangers General Manager Jon Daniels, speaking to reporters in Texas, confirmed that agent Mike Moye called to inform him that Hamilton has agreed to a deal with the Angels.

Daniels said that he wasn’t thrilled with the fact that the Rangers did not get an opportunity to match the Angels’ offer, something Hamilton said all along he would give them a chance to do.” 

“It was our full expectation that the phone call was going to be made before he signed”

Hamilton walked through the door a dishonest guy. The Angels trusted him way too much. 

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Former Texas Rangers slugging superstar Josh Hamilton agreed to a five-year, $125-million deal with the Angels on Thursday, and the Rangers aren’t very pleased with how they found out about it.

Rangers General Manager Jon Daniels, speaking to reporters in Texas, confirmed that agent Mike Moye called to inform him that Hamilton has agreed to a deal with the Angels.

Daniels said that he wasn’t thrilled with the fact that the Rangers did not get an opportunity to match the Angels’ offer, something Hamilton said all along he would give them a chance to do.” 

“It was our full expectation that the phone call was going to be made before he signed”

Hamilton walked through the door a dishonest guy. The Angels trusted him way too much. 

Got any links quotes that show Hamilton disclosed his promises to the Rangers to the Angels?  Because otherwise your revisionist attempt at history falls sort of flat.

1 minute ago, Jay said:

Why are we talking about Hamilton in the Cole thread?

Or Puig for that matter...

36 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

I really don’t think any of that was in his contract. Everything he did fell under the terms of the MLB drug program, which followed him no matter where he signed. 

He was subject to a lot more testing because of his past offenses and if he failed a test he was subject to harsher penalties, which included loss of salary. 

The loophole was if he used drugs and admitted it, without failing a test, there were no penalties, but that was a loophole in the MLB drug program. It had nothing to do with the Angels. They had no power to add their own restrictions on to the MLB rules. 

10 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I really don’t think any of that was in his contract. Everything he did fell under the terms of the MLB drug program, which followed him no matter where he signed. 

He was subject to a lot more testing because of his past offenses and if he failed a test he was subject to harsher penalties, which included loss of salary. 

The loophole was if he used drugs and admitted it, without failing a test, there were no penalties, but that was a loophole in the MLB drug program. It had nothing to do with the Angels. They had no power to add their own restrictions on to the MLB rules. 

This is why you pay your agent big money, so they can teach you how to get out of the jail free of charge.....