• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Ultimate Baseball Trivia

• 3 years later...

Gonna revive this thread and see what happens. Ultimate trivia, without photos to slow it down.

What player hit a home run in his first major league at-bat, a triple in his second season, and never had another home run or triple for the rest of his 21-year career?

Edited by fan_since79

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Gonna revive this thread and see what happens. Ultimate trivia, without photos to slow it down.

What player hit a home run in his first major league at-bat, a triple in his second season, and never had another home run or triple for the rest of his 21-year career?

I'm going to throw a wild guess out there.  I'll say Tom Seaver.

9 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Had it but Strad beat me to it. 

Shouldn't you be on the train to the Bronx?

We are in the city already and we will be on the subway around 4:45, it says we are about 30 minutes away.  

As far as the trivia question, I was looking for pitchers that came up just before the DH was implemented.  The other option was pitchers that turned reliever relatively quickly.  I don't know much about Hoyt's career other than he threw the knuckler.

Wilhelm, in his rookie season in 1952 with the Giants, led the NL in ERA, at 2.43. He had enough innings to qualify.

It's the only time in MLB history that a pitcher used exclusively in relief has won a league ERA title.

He came in second in the Rookie of the Year balloting to another reliever, Joe Black of the Brooklyn Dodgers.