• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

AngelsWin.com Members!!

Chuck

1 hour ago, tdawg87 said:

So when does Kason take over as Admin?

Kason's birth has thrown a wrench in the Official "Angelswin.com Line of Succession" as it moves @Lou farther down the list, which just makes him angrier

I for one pledge my fealty to Mike Scioscia's Lasagne:

image.png

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I didn't know Cal's dog Spot was in the succession line. No wonder there are rumors of this team moving to Long Beach.

It's a package deal and was part of the AW negotiations. As long as the crown stays away from @Jeff Fletcher's son (Some call him "David") then I'm happy. House Lasagne all the way!

3 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

By the way Chuck, I’ve been following your grandsons story. He’s a brave little guy and has been through more in his infancy than many people in a lifetime. Congratulations to you and kudos that that tough little guy. Oh um, can he pitch tomorrow or is it too soon. 

Thanks for the kind words, @Calzone 2

Now that we've gotten a bunch off stuff off our chests about the Org, GM, coaching staff and the players, let's try to lean to a more positive approach going forward.

It just makes for a better culture for everyone here if we all do our part.

I had a new thread all prepared about the remaining games in the season, all full of dreadful thoughts and projections, but scrapped it.

I'm going to enjoy watching Trout on his way to another MVP and seeing Adell and the other kids have their fun. As long as we finish ahead of the Mariners, this year will be okay.

Life is good, and precious. Live and love each day to the fullest.

3 hours ago, John Taylor said:

Kason's birth has thrown a wrench in the Official "Angelswin.com Line of Succession" as it moves @Lou farther down the list, which just makes him angrier

I for one pledge my fealty to Mike Scioscia's Lasagne:

image.png

Poor Lou. Always getting shafted

37 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Having followed that as it was unfolding, Im glad he's well and that your biggest concern lately whether or not anyone remembered Doot Doot...   Its good to see you be able to relax.   That had to be a rough stretch.   

BTW, Kason's a little fuzzball -- it's great.

Thanks, @Inside Pitch. I didn't want to start the thread by saying "if you've followed me on Twitter..." 

But yeah, Doot Doot is an old hidden gem that stands the test of time. Love it!

17 hours ago, SoPas Angel said:

This post really hit me hard. I'm so glad the little guy is doing okay and I hope he keeps getting better.

My brother died three months ago (leukemia, 39 years old) and it has been awful. We were very close and spent god-knows-how-many-hours together at the ballpark when we were younger. On one hand, I had hoped the Angels would have a very special season and I could watch some meaningful games with my brother's ashes by my side. It has been depressing as hell to see yet another season full of injuries, not to mention a player's death.

On the other hand, baseball is just a game; it's supposed to be fun. Yeah, this season has sucked, but there will be others. There always are. In the grand scheme of things, a crappy baseball season is nothing compared to the other things that can happen to us in life. 

Sorry for your loss, may your brother Rest In Peace.

11 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Chuck, those pictures of your precious grandson brought a tear to my eye.  Our grandson, like yours, was born with a stomach defect.  Within 2 weeks of birth, he was taken to Huntington Hospital in Pasadena for emergency surgery and spent a month in the NICU.  Those pics of your grandson looked exactly like what our grandson looked like.  Through strong faith and family, he survived.  I’m sure through faith and family, your grandson will do the same.?

I haven’t been on this site for very long, but in the few months I’ve been here, I’ve been lucky enough to meet posters in person and they are tremendous people.  They are people I’d hang out with anytime.  

In all honesty, it doesn’t take long to find out who is who around here.  Strong opinions, inside knowledge, superior reporting from the farm and the team, etc.  With that comes satire and humor.  It doesn’t take long to know who those posters are either.  

I know it’s been testy lately because, as you stated, we’re fans and we expect certain things.  Frustration sets in.  I’m just as guilty and while this message board isn’t unique in “emota posting” it shouldn’t get to personal attacks.  I’m pretty sure most of the guys here who have been here from the beginning know who is kidding and who isn’t.  A newbie like myself steers clear of this stuff because you could easily get sucked into something where you may have missed the satire or tone.  

I know it’s a public message board and everybody should share their opinion but personally, sometimes it’s better to “read more, post less” especially when things are getting hostile.

Again, just one newbies opinion

Thank you, @PattyD22?

Also, well said..

16 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Also I hope people realize that despite coming off as an asshole sometimes, I really don't mean to offend anyone and I'm sorry to anyone that I have.  There's a few subjects I feel very strongly about and sometimes I can get carried away.

We all do dude. I've went off quite a few times on management, the manager and coaching staff and the players here and on social media. We all love the team otherwise we wouldn't be here, nor would we show the type of passion we do, win or lose.

I think we're all pretty swell guys and gals here, but sometimes we can get carried away when things get ugly for the team we love and have high hopes for. The negativity then breeds all kinds of hostility and mean spirited posts. 

Thanks for the sincere post. 

Good things are ahead for the Angels.

Just not yet.

I'm mainly looking at the rest of the season for our young guys to get more experience and rooting on their performances. The better they do, the better they are next season or the more return we get in a much needed offseason trade for starting pitching.