• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE EPPLER

failos

5 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Stop defending Eppler! He had a big task to do this offseason, which was improving the starting rotation. And in case of any misunderstanding, he needed to improve the starting rotation by a lot. Go ahead and come up with more excuses for the clown. 2020 was supposed to be the year when the Angels were back to being postseason contenders, at least. Man, if this clown was running the show for the Yankees, he would be hated by the fan base already. 

peeing ralph wiggum GIF

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

Nope.  But the dudes who blame him for everything truly believe they could do a better job. 

I disagree with this..I think some people are just too reactive. I haven't blamed Eppler...yet. I think/know he was put in a tough spot. However, at a certain point you are the GM and you do have the best player in the world and a greater than average budget. At some point you have to address the glaring issue and stop hoping that guys perform to their potential while having no injuries. All how you do that is your issue, not mine. 

And I just don't get the sentiment of "well if you could do the job better"... We are fans. We are the reason these guys get paid (including Eppler). We are the customer. It is our right to criticize. I don't see why, as a paying customer (specifically a loyal one), it is taboo to expect those who are in charge of putting together the on field product shouldn't be expected to come through despite the surface issues. In other words, regardless of all of the excuses we are well within right and reason to expect Eppler to be able to make something happen. That's why he's the to GM of a multi billion dollar franchise.

8 hours ago, Bronson said:

Remember when we were the favorites to land Randy Johnson in 1999? And he went to Arizona and won 4 consecutive CY Young’s??? Hell we even had Mo Vaughn trying to recruit him. How come no one talks about that anymore?

Bad memories. Felt for sure like wed get him. Az (at the time) felt like it came out of nowhere.

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Was it the brunette lesbian in "the other woman"?

And would you be able to get ahold of this kid today?

I think it may have been an episode of Red Shoe Diaries. Wasn’t a lesbian episode but you wouldn’t have been disappointed. Don’t know where she or her daughter are now.

Seriously, agree with people who have posted that he would be in trouble right now if he was running the show for another team, like the Yankees. Then again, the Angels fan base is soft. Letting the opposing team's fan base cheer louder at Angel Stadium. Not saying all Angel fans are soft but overall, this fan base sure isn't exactly tough on the guy who is making the moves. 

3 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Seriously, agree with people who have posted that he would be in trouble right now if he was running the show for another team, like the Yankees. Then again, the Angels fan base is soft. Letting the opposing team's fan base cheer louder at Angel Stadium. Not saying all Angel fans are soft but overall, this fan base sure isn't exactly tough on the guy who is making the moves. 

your act is old. it's been played countless times by people much better at it 

just go away.

9 hours ago, JustATroutFan said:

Someone should let Eppler know that his job with the Angels is a cake walk compared to working with the Yankees.  Eppler would have never made it in the Yankee front office because of this ineptitude.  Everyone knows Cashman has never made so many bad signings or trades.

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2016/10/21/13354772/yankees-trade-history-brian-cashman-vazquez-weaver-lowell-clippard-melancon

https://www.pinstripealley.com/2017/2/5/14465632/yankees-history-brian-cashman-stephen-drew-youkilis-contract

• 7 months later...
12 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

The time has come to officially shitcan this guy. The pen is atrocious and they couldn’t pitch their way out of an AW softball game. The buck stops with him. Time to GTFO. 

Agreed.  Appreciate what he did for the prospect pool but this was his 5th season to prove he could get the major league team to the next level and he just isn’t getting it done.  That’s long enough of a leash.

3 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

Way too early to tell this year, but you do have to wonder why we're on our third manager under Eppler, have the best player in the game, and are still not having much success, especially with two of those managers being highly regarded. 

That is a pretty easy one.  Scioscia’s contract was up, not renewed and then he screwed up by hiring Ausmus.  Then when Joe became available Arte made the move.