• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE EPPLER

failos

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Were in year 3 of his rebuild. And while inheriting the best player, he absorbed a massive contract with Pujols, still 2 mores years of Hamilton (still on the books), Weaver as our best pitcher, skaggs and heaney supposed to be front end, but out with TJ, etc etc. Then Richards goes out...

Bedrosian our best prospect when he took over...

Again... I think a lot of you guys have very short memories. Swap eppler with anyone else... what would GM X have done in that situation? 

We had no money, nothing to trade. No one to bring up...Drafting was the only way to go.

Look at Pujols' numbers in 2017. Then add Hamilton, who wasnt even here. Then add trouts money... that was what, 80 mill right there?

Then you have another 100 mill, give or take, to fill out a rotation (which was missing 3 of its top guys to TJ at that time), and 7 other starting player spots...

And its not like 2016 was a much different situation. 2018 was pretty much sunk when Richards went down again, and Ohtani went out. 

Now..... how many of those problems were part of "his" rebuild? Ohtani?

Harvey sucked. Cahill sucked. And plenty of others. But the reasoning behind signing them wasnt flawed.

I said this in another thread about tanking, but it also works here.  If we didn’t have Eppler we very well could have had better rotation, but you’d have to think we would have less financial flexibility because you aren’t signing good arms without spending the money.  Also you have to convince Arte to spend money again.  Plus as you mentioned the contracts that were still on the books when he came on board. Not sure where we would be with Trout, it is totally possible he would have still signed an extension, but that isn’t a guarantee.  We may not have Adell or Canning.  Probably wouldn’t have Simmons or Ohtani.  It is totally possible that the other GM would make every single right decision in free agency and with the draft, but probably not.  

Eppler has made some mistakes, without question.  His free agent signings need to improve.  He has done well on trades, finding talent on the waiver wire and convincing Trout and Ohtani that the future is bright.

Eppler's mistakes seem to have only impacted the immediate and not the long term results.  He should be on the hot seat, but who knew that Harvey, Cahill, Allen, Lucroy collectively would be as bad as they were in 2019. 

Love to see Eppler still can’t be discussed in any type of negative light without the same assholes getting their panties twisted and acting like they’re superior to everyone.  The Angels are the laughing stock of baseball, literally everyone else makes fun of how absurd it is that we can’t win Trout any playoff games. The cockiness of the Eppler Kool-Aid drinkers is actually hilarious. Be self-aware people.

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Love to see Eppler still can’t be discussed in any type of negative light without the same assholes getting their panties twisted and acting like they’re superior to everyone.  The Angels are the laughing stock of baseball, literally everyone else makes fun of how absurd it is that we can’t win Trout any playoff games. The cockiness of the Eppler Kool-Aid drinkers is actually hilarious. Be self-aware people.

hahaha.  

2 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Yes I agree it’s hilarious how much you take any type of Eppler bashing up the ass

No, it is hilarious that we have a thread dedicated to Firing Eppler and you use a term like "Eppler can't be discussed in any type of negative light", so firing him is "any type of negative light".  It makes you appear to be really fucking dumb, which well, yea.    It is almost as dumb as assuming Upton can't be an offensive contributor because he isn't playing great right now.

Just now, Vladdylonglegs said:

“Love to see Eppler still can’t be discussed in any type of negative light without the same assholes getting their panties twisted and acting like they’re superior to everyone.”

Reading isn’t really your thing, is it?

kinda like how common sense and reality aren't your things.  There were two Epplers on the grassy knoll.  

I think Eppler’s option will be picked up ... yet, it hasn’t for some reason. The front office needs to give the guy a little reassurance that he’s still their guy. There’s really no reason why it shouldn’t of already been pickup unless it has already?

The farm was bound to get better even if you put @Dochalo and @Stradling in charge of rebuilding the farm ? I’ll give Arte most of the credit on the Trout extension. The Simmons trade and Ohtani was mostly all Eppler ?.

Personally, I would like to see Eppler as GM next season. 

51 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

“Love to see Eppler still can’t be discussed in any type of negative light without the same assholes getting their panties twisted and acting like they’re superior to everyone.

Reading isn’t really your thing, is it?

Stradling picking on posters who don’t share his opinion. 

2204FC75-9179-4773-9B0F-608C19888DBF.jpeg

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

There’s absolutely no rebuilding that has gone on. That’s just a nice way of saying the Angels still suck ass after his 4 years. 

The Angels farm system is ranked #17. They have ONE prospect in the top 100. Just stop this BS narrative. 

So essentially, only top 100 picks count?

They already graduated Canning and Fletcher..both will be part of the team for several years, if they arent traded.

Adell will be up next year. Marsh will either be called up in 2, if not traded for an arm.

The next core is Trout/Ohtani/Adell. And you know this but hey..

Also, I note you completely skipped past every fact i listed.

Facts.

I bet if i said the greys ruined pitching elbows, youd have a different take...

Lol... you so vladdy

59 minutes ago, RBM said:

I think we need to remember where we were when Eppler took over in 2016.

The five drafts before Eppler arrived, from 2011 to 2015, were absolutely terrible. In fact, David Fletcher and CJ Cron are the only two players drafted who made any type of impact. And Cron's major impact was getting traded for Rengifo. What this meant is we were unable to surround Mike Trout with any other young stars through the draft or from the International pool.

Look at what other teams added through the draft or international pool during those five years:

Astros - George Springer, Carlos Correa, Alex Bregman, Lance McCullers JR, Kyle Tucker

Dodgers - Corey Seager, Cody Bellinger, Walker Buehler, Alex Verdugo, Ross Stripling, Hyun-Ji Ryu

Red Sox - Mookie Betts, Xander Bogaerts, Andrew Benintendi, Rafael Devers, Jackie Bradley JR.

This is the reality of Eppler's world in 2016. His competition had added all these future great players and he joined a team that had David Fletcher and the dude he would trade for Rengifo. I think he's done a really nice job of cleaning up the mess Reagins and Dipoto made. Now, that being said, this offseason will be his make it or break it. He needs to come through.

Exactly.

Now add that the entire rotation had TJ during that period.

Its funny that some people on here expect, in the span of 4 drafts, an entire team of impact pitchers and players to make it to the majors and replace the dead wood...