• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE EPPLER

failos

1 minute ago, failos said:

To be fair, the Trout extension is the best he’s ever done. That and signing Ohtani and trading for Simmons. I’m not a fan of anything else he’s done.

That’s crazy.  But I get it some people look at it like it’s pretty easy to build a team.  If you only care about the finished product on the field which I would completely understand that sentiment, then he’s failed you.  

3 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

If you care about the farm and the organization’s future he has also failed. The Angels are trash as well is their farm. 

And yet you still insist that Eppler is in rebuild mode. Baffling. 

And you are delusional if you think the farm isn’t much better than it was and of course they are still rebuilding.  

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

And the farm,  I mean we’ll see. Swanson and Eppler need a bunch of these guy to polish up quickly.  

Depends on what you mean by that.  If you mean will they rank higher next year, probably, will they be ready to be major league regulars next year, doubtful.  

I don’t think Eppler will be going anywhere. But with the epic failure of all his free agents signings this season, he has created more doubt for me that he can do what the Angels need him to do. He has to land Cole IMO. How he reworks this rotation is a make or break moment for him. 

Well he has been here a while and knows pitching is our weak point and has not done anything to address it. He has gotten a lot of crap pitchers that no one wanted because they were no good, but yet he signed them.  I hope he puts his foot down and tell Mr. Moreno that he needs to open his wallet so he can get some good playtime he is walking because he can’t be getting peanuts out of the bin every year, and is the same crap problems pitching. The manager needs to go to sure as he is crap and never liked the hiring.

18 minutes ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

Just wait until he signs Cole, than the love will return.

I don’t think Cole will come here and I don’t blame him. The angels are the team that you come to and get injuries and carrier goes down hill. I do really really hope he does come here but doubt it

2 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Right, it won’t solve it. But he’s in year 5 of HIS rebuild. At what point do you look at the results objectively and say that they just aren’t where they should be? I honestly don’t know the answer to that. 

5 years is not an unfair amount of time when you inherited the best player of all time

you cant tell me with a straight face that you DIDNT expect them to be closer to contention right now than they are. I remember people saying this would be the beginning of the WS window. And it isn’t 

Were in year 3 of his rebuild. And while inheriting the best player, he absorbed a massive contract with Pujols, still 2 mores years of Hamilton (still on the books), Weaver as our best pitcher, skaggs and heaney supposed to be front end, but out with TJ, etc etc. Then Richards goes out...

Bedrosian our best prospect when he took over...

Again... I think a lot of you guys have very short memories. Swap eppler with anyone else... what would GM X have done in that situation? 

We had no money, nothing to trade. No one to bring up...Drafting was the only way to go.

Look at Pujols' numbers in 2017. Then add Hamilton, who wasnt even here. Then add trouts money... that was what, 80 mill right there?

Then you have another 100 mill, give or take, to fill out a rotation (which was missing 3 of its top guys to TJ at that time), and 7 other starting player spots...

And its not like 2016 was a much different situation. 2018 was pretty much sunk when Richards went down again, and Ohtani went out. 

Now..... how many of those problems were part of "his" rebuild? Ohtani?

Harvey sucked. Cahill sucked. And plenty of others. But the reasoning behind signing them wasnt flawed.

9 minutes ago, cvdog said:

Aside from Upton and the Albatross contract,  the remaining Angel position players are more than capable of generating offense.  But this pitching staff is one of the worst in the league. There's not 1 SP who can go beyond 5 innings. It's comical.....

Upton is capable of generating offense.  Thinking otherwise is not living in reality.