• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

FIRE EPPLER

failos

I appear to be in the minority.  You will regret the firing of Eppler--especially if Dombrowski is hired, as has been rumored.  Dombrowski destroys farm systems. 

Eppler has made some mistakes.  All GMs do.  Bill Stoneman made mistakes, but he also signed/drafted the team that won the World series. 

I thought the Ausmus hiring was uninspired.  I said so at the time (as did many others).  Cozart was a huge mistake (obviously).  Eppler rebulit the farm system.  That's huge.  Eppler was responsible for the Ohtani signing.  Trout said one of the primary reasons he signed his extension was because he bought into Eppler's long-term vision.  The trade/signings of Simmons, Goodwin, Castro, Rendon, Bundy, Buttrey, Canning, Robles, and Rengifo were all positive. 

If he does get let go, the next GM will inherit one of the best and youngest outfields in baseball next year with Trout and Adell.  The new GM will probably inherit one of the better and youngest infields as well with Thaiss at first, Rengifo at second, Fletcher at short, Rendon at third and an unknown at this point at catcher. 

We will have gone from one of of the oldest teams to one of the youngest teams under Eppler.  With that all set, Eppler will be able to focus on starting pitching.  We have 2 young pitchers in Ohtani and Canning.  I like the Bundy signing.  Most baseball people agree Bundy needed a change of scenery.  You guys are so negative.  

We are not even two weeks into the season.  We have played 8 games.  In that time, Rendon missed 4 of the 8 and Trout's missed 2.  I know it's a shortened season, but geez, you can't make decisions based on 8 games.  I am optimistic that the Mariners  will  be a non-contender and I believe Houston over the 60 day season will feel the loss of both Verlander and Cole.  It's hard to replace those 35 wins and lose what was probably the best one and two in all of baseball.  Not only that, the needle is going in the wrong direction for the Astros.  Verlander will be a year older next year as will Grienke, they have no draft choices next year, they lost the GM that built their team and they will have to trade some of their key players over the next year due to payroll constraints.  Oakland being a small market team can never afford to keep their stars. So you know that they will likely lose their shortstop and another of their top players over the off season.

God help us if Moreno signs Dave Dombrowski as GM and partners with Tony Larussa.  The Diamondbacks had enough of Larussa after a few years.    

Go Angels.

33 minutes ago, instant karma said:

I appear to be in the minority.  You will regret the firing of Eppler--especially if Dombrowski is hired, as has been rumored.  Dombrowski destroys farm systems. 

Eppler has made some mistakes.  All GMs do.  Bill Stoneman made mistakes, but he also signed/drafted the team that won the World series. 

I thought the Ausmus hiring was uninspired.  I said so at the time (as did many others).  Cozart was a huge mistake (obviously).  Eppler rebulit the farm system.  That's huge.  Eppler was responsible for the Ohtani signing.  Trout said one of the primary reasons he signed his extension was because he bought into Eppler's long-term vision.  The trade/signings of Simmons, Goodwin, Castro, Rendon, Bundy, Buttrey, Canning, Robles, and Rengifo were all positive. 

If he does get let go, the next GM will inherit one of the best and youngest outfields in baseball next year with Trout and Adell.  The new GM will probably inherit one of the better and youngest infields as well with Thaiss at first, Rengifo at second, Fletcher at short, Rendon at third and an unknown at this point at catcher. 

We will have gone from one of of the oldest teams to one of the youngest teams under Eppler.  With that all set, Eppler will be able to focus on starting pitching.  We have 2 young pitchers in Ohtani and Canning.  I like the Bundy signing.  Most baseball people agree Bundy needed a change of scenery.  You guys are so negative.  

We are not even two weeks into the season.  We have played 8 games.  In that time, Rendon missed 4 of the 8 and Trout's missed 2.  I know it's a shortened season, but geez, you can't make decisions based on 8 games.  I am optimistic that the Mariners  will  be a non-contender and I believe Houston over the 60 day season will feel the loss of both Verlander and Cole.  It's hard to replace those 35 wins and lose what was probably the best one and two in all of baseball.  Not only that, the needle is going in the wrong direction for the Astros.  Verlander will be a year older next year as will Grienke, they have no draft choices next year, they lost the GM that built their team and they will have to trade some of their key players over the next year due to payroll constraints.  Oakland being a small market team can never afford to keep their stars. So you know that they will likely lose their shortstop and another of their top players over the off season.

God help us if Moreno signs Dave Dombrowski as GM and partners with Tony Larussa.  The Diamondbacks had enough of Larussa after a few years.    

Go Angels.

I don't think you're in the minority.  I think most Angels fans still really like Eppler.

4 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

I don't think you're in the minority.  I think most Angels fans still really like Eppler.

I think fans here like him for the most part.  FB and Twitter hate him.  But then again they hate everyone.  I like him, but they have to figure out the pitching side of things.  Someone here said one of the GMs primary responsibilities is protecting the owner from themselves and while I think Eppler does a better job than Dipoto did at that, I would like to see him be able to convince Arte to spend money on the pitching side, even if it isn’t for an ace.  

Maybe he should get 2021, as this season was a lost cause.   But, he has to do a MUCH BETTER job of building a bullpen.

Bullpens are waaaay too critical today, thanks to starters not going as deep into games, to be doing it on the cheap.

That doesn't mean acquiring fading star relievers.   It means doing a better job of scouting relievers.

To be sure, I don't want a Dombrowski coming here, and rinsing and repeating Dumbpoto's stratergy.     

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 2 weeks later...

does anybody think the angels are as good as the dodgers right now?

no?

ok, then maybe that wouldn't be a good enough reason to can eppler.

the angels have a long way to go to get to where the dodgers are at as an organization.

i don't know if eppler is the guy to run that type of organization or not, but i'm pretty sure arte isn't.

i think eppler's done a lot of good things with what was an organization in massive disarray when he took over.

41 minutes ago, ukyah said:

no?

the angels have a long way to go to get to where the dodgers are at as an organization.

i don't know if eppler is the guy to run that type of organization or not, but i'm pretty sure arte isn't.

i think eppler's done a lot of good things with what was an organization in massive disarray when he took over.

I love your mental gymnastics. So now we have no business beating good teams?

52 minutes ago, ukyah said:

no?

Agree

2 hours ago, ukyah said:

Disarray when he took over and still disarray to this day imo.

I agree Arte is a terrible owner though, but there's nothing we can do about that.

2 hours ago, failos said:

Poor baby

that, literally, makes no sense.

non sequitur nonsense.

i'm invincible to your trolling. what you fail to understand is that i don't have an image of anybody on this board other than a select few.

i don't know who you are, make a good point and i'm liable to like it. next time up i won't even remember your name.

Just now, ukyah said:

that, literally, makes no sense.

non sequitur nonsense.

i'm invincible to your trolling. what you fail to understand is that i don't have an image of anybody on this board other than a select few.

i don't know who you are, make a good point and i'm liable to like it. next time up i won't even remember your name.

Poor baby cry more