• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jeff Overton DQ'd at Colonial

Regardless of how obscure his career, and how he's seen by friends of friends of tour players (you can find anybody to say just about anything about anybody; whatever), I think he was in the right in this situation.

Was he allowed to use his putter-aid in practice before the tournament (On the course? and on the course practice-green?)?  If so, I think it was reasonable to believe he was ok using it during this practice-time during the back-up.  Did the slow players get penalized?  Or was play slowing for some other reason?  I haven't been able to watch any of the tourney.

Anyway,  I'm a big believer that golf has too many obscure/silly rules that are only there to penalize the players.  They do nothing for the integrity of the game.

Obscure rule, but he should have known that. Anyone who plays tournament golf knows that you can't use an aid during play.

I didn't read the article until this morning and laughed that he thought what he did was in accordance with the rules.

I agree, golf has a lot of rules that should be changed/abolished, but this one is on Overton.

Once the round commences there are dozens of rules as to what you cannot do that is allowed on the practice course, one of which is getting any coaching aid. As a weekend hacker the PGA golf rules are rarely adhered to but these guys have lived with these rules since amatuer status. He was ignoring a rule he knew for whatever reason but he did know of the rule. His excuse making is bullshit.

I get a weekly rag on-line that has golf rules questions at the end - I get only half of them correct. 

The one that got me was during the PGA championship a couple years ago.  Dustin Johnson hit his ball in an area where people were standing and there was even some trash there.  He grounded his club and found out later it was a "trap."  Seems to me, the marshalls should remind the players when something like this could occur.  

I get a weekly rag on-line that has golf rules questions at the end - I get only half of them correct. 

The one that got me was during the PGA championship a couple years ago.  Dustin Johnson hit his ball in an area where people were standing and there was even some trash there.  He grounded his club and found out later it was a "trap."  Seems to me, the marshalls should remind the players when something like this could occur.  

I agree that that ruling sucked but they told all of the players that any "sandy area" on the course was to be considered a hazard before the tournament started.  They specifically mentioned that there are tons of areas like that that would not appear as normal bunkers.