• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

What are you excited for the rest of the season?

mmc

6 minutes ago, JoJo26 said:

Hoping that Albert hooks up with ol' teammate Josh - they go on a binder - making Albert's contract void - thusly loosing up $59 million which would allow the team to get some pitchers...

but that's just me...

I too, hope one of the greatest baseball players in history goes and does cocaine and tarnishes his amazing career just so Arte can save some dough.

Edited by tdawg87

A few things that I think everyone can agree with: 

1: Hopefully Jo Adell gets a September call.

2: for the Angels to get a higher draft pick...

3: Mike Trout to chase 50hrs

4: Mike Trout to win his 3rd MVP

5: to see Rojas, Ward, Walsh get called up to raise their value ;)

6: for the pitching to be so bad Eppler makes some incredible changes in the offseason (Trade for #2-#3 guys and sign Cole)

How does Trout not win the AL MVP this year?

Every time you watch a nationally televised game with the Angels (not often) it's always, "he's the best player in the game" etc.

It should be unanimous.

11 minutes ago, Jay said:

How does Trout not win the AL MVP this year?

Every time you watch a nationally televised game with the Angels (not often) it's always, "he's the best player in the game" etc.

It should be unanimous.

But Boegarts

16 minutes ago, RBM said:

I like Rojas but the strikeout comparison is a bad take.

Rengifo has a lower K% than him this year. You could talk about his AAA .982 OPS or 26 HR's but who knows what that translates to in the MLB. I mean Justin Bour has a 1.207 OPS in 30 games at SLC.

Rengifo is having a solid rookie year as a 22 year old. Rojas is having a great year in AAA at 26. I hope they give him a shot to make the team as utility guy. He can play 3B, 2B and 1B. Maybe he competes with Thaiss for a roster spot.

People will see that Rojas is a terrible defender everywhere but 3b where he's still below average at best.  I think his bat will play at the major league level though.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love for him to be called up as he's one of my favorite guys to track in the minors.  But I think expectations need to be realistic.  

What I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the way.

1. Hoping to see Joe Adell at some point. But, I think they wait in starting his clock until 2020.

2. I'm hopeful of seeing maybe a new arm or two from the kids coming up. But, I also believe it will be more of the Clean Peanut guys who can be jettisoned if roster space is needed. 

That's about it. The more we win the higher the draft pick spot. Which isn't great and the Draft is a crap shoot compared to other Professional Sports.  I just see us around 500 to a game or two below 500 baseball the rest of the way. 

After Skaggs passing and the FA arms not working out. I believe this team is just sleep walking the rest of the way. It's a Stat driven back end of the season for Mike to win another MVP. A chance for AP#5 to continue to move up on the career lists.

12 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

What I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the way.

1. Hoping to see Joe Adell at some point. But, I think they wait in starting his clock until 2020.

2. I'm hopeful of seeing maybe a new arm or two from the kids coming up. But, I also believe it will be more of the Clean Peanut guys who can be jettisoned if roster space is needed. 

That's about it. The more we win the higher the draft pick spot. Which isn't great and the Draft is a crap shoot compared to other Professional Sports.  I just see us around 500 to a game or two below 500 baseball the rest of the way. 

After Skaggs passing and the FA arms not working out. I believe this team is just sleep walking the rest of the way. It's a Stat driven back end of the season for Mike to win another MVP. A chance for AP#5 to continue to move up on the career lists.

I agree that they've hit a wall.  I think losing those series to Bmore and Det took the wind out of their sails.  They're now 7gb of the WC with little hope for the playoffs and the toughest schedule in mlb for the month of September.  If they finish above .500, I'll be astounded.  They've been on an emotional roller coaster and they were trying to play off of that for awhile, but now that things are pretty clear, I think they'll fall back.  

So let the kids get their time.  They know what they need to do to improve for next year.