• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels DFA Jonathan Lucroy

mmc

For everyone surprised about not being able to trade him, why, why are you surprised?  Two catchers were traded and one was only traded because the team that traded him traded for a different catcher.  Secondly, we all saw how he did defensively this year.  Why are you surprised he wasn’t a trade able asset?  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

For everyone surprised about not being able to trade him, why, why are you surprised?  Two catchers were traded and one was only traded because the team that traded him traded for a different catcher.  Secondly, we all saw how he did defensively this year.  Why are you surprised he wasn’t a trade able asset?  

Probably because of this

The guy was absolutely horrendous and one of the worst "catchers" I have ever seen. I don't know what the hell people from Oakland were talking about. 

Rough FA class for Eppler:

Allen
Harvey
Lucroy
Bour

Cahill will probably make it through the year because no one cares if his arm falls off and he can eat some innings. No, you can't eat the innings literally, Trevor. 

But, all one year deals!

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Cherry on the top of Eppler dog shit 2019 FA efforts. 

Yup, @Dochalo mentioned it in another thread. Even though they are all just one year deals and don’t have an impact on the future, it’s still been a waste of Arte’s money so he can’t be pleased. 

6 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yet, he's a major leaguer. 

8 minutes ago, greginpsca said:

With the addition of Stassi, our lineup looks like it is set with the exception of Calhoun. Depending if they keep him or not, and go with Adell.  That leave Eppler with the task of focusing on getting pitchers this offseason.

If this is our answer to the gaping hole at C for '20, allow me to be the first to say this is not what i had in mind. 

4 minutes ago, floplag said:

If this is our answer to the gaping hole at C for '20, allow me to be the first to say this is not what i had in mind. 

From a defensive standpoint, it may just be what was needed, after Lucroy proved to be a flop defensively; not to mention the possible Cole connection.

Just a year ago in 250+ at bats, Stassi had a .710 OPS.  

Mathisn't never came close to that in any one season, highest OPS being .642 and highest OPS here being .627.