• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jo Adell to AAA Salt lake

1 minute ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Hes going to destroy AAA, and then it will be like how they tried to keep Jim Carey on the island in The Truman Show

"I want to be the best baseball player ever." - Adell

Then theyll show him a picture of Babe Ruth, Mike Trout and say "theres already been a best ever. You should focus on being the best Bee, ever"

15 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Not since I’ve been covering the team. You’ve got to have a really good prospect to even think about that. 

I've always thought teams that do this are dumb. Why hold a kid out for a couple of months to gain an extra year of control, only to sign him to an extension his third year in the majors?

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

Mike Trout signed a 6 year, $144 million extension after 2 years.  Albies signed a 7 year, $35 million extension (9 years, $45 million maximum) after 1.5 years. Acuna signed a 8 year, $100 million extension (10 year, $124 million maximum) after 1 year.  

If Adell lives up to the hype I'd rather have him sign one of the Braves players contracts, from a fan perspective

6 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Bleacher report ranks our farm system #27. Once we promote Adell we should be back to the worst farm system once again.

Houston isn't much better since they spent 3 of their top 5 prospects on the Greinke deal. They're ranked #25...   

With all due respect @Ace-Of-Diamonds, the Bleacher Report sucks. 

They have a bunch of armchair GM's and scouts, kids you know like Jared Tims on Twitter, writing for their Blogs. 

1 hour ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Bleacher report ranks our farm system #27. Once we promote Adell we should be back to the worst farm system once again.

Houston isn't much better since they spent 3 of their top 5 prospects on the Greinke deal. They're ranked #25...   

Bleacher Report is worthless as analysis. 

We are lower, certainly, due to promotions. And yes, it’ll be worse when Adell gets promoted. At the same time, our most recent 

picks from the last two drafts will continue developing. If we did well, that’ll move us back up. Especially if Marsh continues to improve. 

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, Dick Enberg said:

So Jo-Jo has struckout 17 times in 43 at bats and only 1 extra base hit (Double). Yikes!

Pump the brakes a bit...he had tailed off a little at AA also....Some wondered if he needed to see AAA pitching....If we aren't going to exercise Calhoun's option (and I think that is the likely scenario, use the money on pitching perhaps), I'd sure hang on to Goodwin....don't want to assume Adell is ready....