• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels to Acquire Max Stassi for OFs Rainier Rivas, Raider Uceta

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, why?  Remember when Trout wasn’t going to sign an extension?  

Let’s get real .... Trout had No real choice but to sign that extension. Who in their right mind leaves close to half a billion dollars on the table risking injury over the next two years.

He would of signed that extension if he was playing for the Oakland A’s. 

13 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Let’s get real .... Trout had No real choice but to sign that extension. Who in their right mind leaves close to half a billion dollars on the table risking injury over the next two years.

BS.  players risk their worth all the time.  It's even less risk for someone like Trout who, outside of a career ending injury, could still get a shit ton of money from someone.  

The Angels definitely made it difficult for him to turn that down, but he always had a choice.  

1 hour ago, Troll Daddy said:

As evident by all that money he makes endorsing products...

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

BS.  players risk their worth all the time.  It's even less risk for someone like Trout who, outside of a career ending injury, could still get a shit ton of money from someone.  

The Angels definitely made it difficult for him to turn that down, but he always had a choice.  

Chill down a notch ... no player has ever risked $430 million dollars with two years remaining until free agency. That reeks stupidity ... and Trout isn’t stupid. 

You of all posters should understand that baseball ⚾️ is a business. I’m sure Trout was very happy it was with the Angels and he gets to live in SoCal. 

11 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

Chill down a notch ... no player has ever risked $430 million dollars with two years remaining until free agency. That reeks stupidity ... and Trout isn’t stupid. 

You of all posters should understand that baseball ⚾️ is a business. I’m sure Trout was very happy it was with the Angels and he gets to live in SoCal. 

I'm chill.  You write silly things.  

1 hour ago, cvdog said:

Stassi is a career. 218 hitter with limited AB's. Garbage in, garbage out. 

I'm not a Mathis proponent, but his strength to the team was the way he played defense and handled the pitchers (shut up, tdawg). a lot of comments these last couple of days about the poor quality of lucroy's defense, something the team was way ahead of us in understanding, and maybe stassi's value is much higher as a defender that anything lucroy could do. I dunno, but I'm not upset about them getting him.

let's see what the pitchers have to say about him after a few weeks.

16 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

The lucroy dfa thread might go longer than when we traded jett bandy for maldonado...

On 12/13/2016 at 12:51 PM, HaloCory22 said:

getting Martin Maldonado and a minor league pitcher from for Jett Bandy

On 12/13/2016 at 12:56 PM, beatlesrule said:

??????? That's lame. I need a lot more info.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:07 PM, ksangel said:

26 year old defensive catcher with potential to be a decent hitter for a 30 year catcher who can't hit (.203 / .332 last year in 253 PA's) ??? WTF????

On 12/13/2016 at 1:09 PM, beatlesrule said:

Not only was the Bandy/Perez combo going to be a good one for years to come, we had a guy named Jett on the team.  My gut reaction is I do not like this move at all and it came out of nowhere.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:10 PM, Troll Daddy said:

Mathis > Maldonado 

On 12/13/2016 at 1:22 PM, Second Base said:

This trade sucks.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:31 PM, Kevinb said:

THis reeks of a Mike S trade

On 12/13/2016 at 1:38 PM, TroutField said:

Shiiiit. 

On 12/13/2016 at 1:39 PM, Second Base said:

I'd rather have one solid player than two crappy players. Such a stupid move on Eppler's part. Even if they intend to acquire a catcher like Matt Wieters, you still should have got more for Bandy, or just not traded him at all.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:40 PM, beatlesrule said:

No.  No.  No.  Bandy is younger and cheaper.  They got worse value in return.  I am doing my best to try and figure out this trade but I am only coming up with 4 letter words,

On 12/13/2016 at 3:03 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Our trade deals are a disaster folks, Milwaukee is killing us on trade, believe me.

On 12/13/2016 at 10:11 PM, IIIII said:

I'm so tired of the decision making with this team. Bandy had a legit future and we trade him for nobodies. Fucking garbage.

On 12/13/2016 at 1:51 PM, Troll Daddy said:

I wonder who the Brewers starting catcher is going to be ... will Bandy be the next Jonathan Lucroy?

On 8/3/2019 at 12:50 AM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Martin Maldonado was a gold glover. Not quite sure why he was let go if defense and handling pitchers was the priority.

Likely because he was told by his agent that a big payday was coming his way.  Dude turned down a 2 year 12 mil offer to stay with the Astros on the advice of Boras. 

When ST started and he still didn't have a job he fired Boras ....  And then everyone lived happily ever after....