• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels to Acquire Max Stassi for OFs Rainier Rivas, Raider Uceta

Best I can presume here is that the Angels really, really like Stassi, and it’s not too hard to see some indicators why.

But its a huge gamble. Fortunately, they gave us equally risky prospects who are far off, and surplus given out OF depth. 

Check back in 2-3 years.

Just now, Angelsjunky said:

Terrible, terrible move. WTF. How is Stassi better than Garneau? We gave up two intriguing prospects for a replacement level catcher. 

I don't get it at all.

Just stupid. We basically gave up two potentially good outfield prospects for a Jeff Mathis type. 

2 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

This trade is so inane and pointless that either Eppler has something up his sleeve, or he isn't as smart as we thought. Completely mind-boggling.

I mean, not totally. We ain’t got SHIT for catcher in the system or the big leagues. 

If Stassi winds up being even an average MLB catcher behind the dish and at the plate, and we hang onto him for a couple years, it probably works out unless Rivas or Uceta become the next Nelson Cruz or something.

He could be a decent ‘long-term’ solution.

Edited by totdprods

2 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I mean, not totally. We ain’t got SHIT for catcher in the system or the big leagues. 

If Stassi winds up being even an average MLB catcher behind the dish and at the plate, and we hang onto him for a couple years, it probably works out unless Rivas or Uceta become the next Nelson Cruz or something.

He could be a decent ‘long-term’ solution.

I just keep coming back to the fact that the Astros have twice traded for Maldonado because Stassi isn't good enough (presumably?) to play a larger role for them.  That probably says something.

2 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I just keep coming back to the fact that the Astros have twice traded for Maldonado because Stassi isn't good enough (presumably?) to play a larger role for them.  That probably says something.

Does it make you feel better if you count it as Patrick Sandoval and Max Stassi for Martin Maldonado, Raider Uceta, and Rainier Rivas?

Because it looked like we destroyed them on that trade last year.

Edited by totdprods

I'm assuming Stassi would have been squeezed off the roster with the Maldonado acquisition, and he's out of options.  So they had no leverage.  Unless there was a bidding war, why would it take not one but two wildcard prospects to acquire him?  Seems like he would have had to been DFA'ed.

A year ago i would have thought Epp had a plan, that this was part of something bigger, today... hes just filling out the roster with warm bodies and im just filled with disappointment again.
Last off season i hoped for more, didnt get it... ok weve got the trade deadline and next off season.... nothing now... ok so where down to the next off season to fill all the holes?
i think i hear a window sliding...