• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

first time in vegas next week

25 minutes ago, Tank said:

i rarely go to vegas so i'm wondering how someone gets a comp room. who do you ask? or is it based on something else?

and what exactly does the "resort fee" cover? wouldn't all of the gambling losses pretty much take care of that?

You gotta gamble. Any Joe Schmo can get a players card and get some sort of comps

3 hours ago, Tank said:

i rarely go to vegas so i'm wondering how someone gets a comp room. who do you ask? or is it based on something else?

and what exactly does the "resort fee" cover? wouldn't all of the gambling losses pretty much take care of that?

i'm new to it, too

i only spent $150 out of pocket, but got a bunch of comp offers, like i said.  i do have to pay resort fees for the rooms, so they're not actually free.  have to gamble a lot more than i did to get those resort fees comp'd, or so i've heard. 

i assume that unless i gamble a lot more next trip, i won't see these types of offers again.  

what you all said about mgm being cockroaches is exactly why i didn't book with them for originally for my dec and apr trips. 

i was all set up with cosmo reservations for both those trips, but then these offers came in from mlife that save me about $1000 altogether, and since i only use my room to sleep, i figured why not. more for gambling at both mlife and cosmo, and maybe wynn as some of you suggested. 

2 hours ago, yk9001 said:

Take a look at this confirmation .

Vegas taxes THE RESORT FEE.

Do you understand what's going on here? They bone you with a fakakta resort fee. Then tax THAT - at 13.38%.

Gavin Newsom is dying of jealousy. 

20190919_164347.jpg

The new Raiders stadium isn't going to pay for itself.  

And while you can understand the taxes, it's the resort fee, parking fee, drink resort fee that will eventually kill the Strip.  To me, it's the most deceptive practice there is.  You pay $50.  But with the resort fees and such, it's really $100.  Hey we are offering you a room for a cheap low rate of $10 a night.  But after the resort fee, and taxes, that $10 rate is really a standard $50.  Same with restaurants that charge their bullshit fees.  It's a $10 plate, but there is 20% added to it like healthcare and such that they put where you won't read.  Just forkin add it to the damn price so i know what I'm paying for.

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

The new Raiders stadium isn't going to pay for itself.  

And while you can understand the taxes, it's the resort fee, parking fee, drink resort fee that will eventually kill the Strip.  To me, it's the most deceptive practice there is.  You pay $50.  But with the resort fees and such, it's really $100.  Hey we are offering you a room for a cheap low rate of $10 a night.  But after the resort fee, and taxes, that $10 rate is really a standard $50.  Same with restaurants that charge their bullshit fees.  It's a $10 plate, but there is 20% added to it like healthcare and such that they put where you won't read.  Just forkin add it to the damn price so i know what I'm paying for.

This is the veritable frog in the pot of warm water. Just keep ratcheting it up.

And no, I don't feel responsible for paying for a stadium for the world's richest sports league.

29 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

This is the veritable frog in the pot of warm water. Just keep ratcheting it up.

And no, I don't feel responsible for paying for a stadium for the world's richest sports league.

I have a feeling this resort fee tax on drinks is a precursor, depending on how it goes (and so far, not well at all, but then again, parking didn't go well also.), to charging for drinks.  They are like the guberment.  You keep giving a small inch, and they will keep nibbling away slowly, until they have the whole thing.  

As for the stadium.  It is what it is.  Especially in this case, because the NFL would never move to Vegas unless you lure them.  MLB will probably be the same thing.  Hence why I think the Angels to Vegas is the real dark horse city.  Also I read an article that said that football and baseball stadiums are the worst investments to make.  Because both types of stadiums stand empty for a majority of the year.  Where an Arena for basketball/hockey, you can fill year round with various activities, and it won't affect the main tenant.

i was taken aback by resort fees at first, but found out that they're a way for resorts to offset their losses from 3rd-party booking.

hotels would be charging the same total per room even if resort fees were made illegal.  and you'd be paying the same exact amount in taxes.

there's really no difference between paying $199/night plus taxes vs $159+$40 resort fee/night plus taxes. 

yes, i understand that they serve a dual purpose of duping the unknowing into thinking they're getting a better deal than they're getting, but i'm not one of those. i know exactly what i'm getting into because i read terms and conditions before booking anything. 

the idiotic food/beverage fees that a handful of strip restaurants/lounges are adding are a different story.  i understand these places are probably trying to make back some money lost though opentable bookings and such, but i think some people would react by shorting their waiter or waitress a tip when they find out.  that's not the same with resort fees for hotels.  but knowing vegas, if most people end up not noticing or caring, it may become the norm for all restaurants on the strip.  i'd rather they just raise the prices a little than add that weird little fee.  

On 9/21/2019 at 3:50 PM, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i was taken aback by resort fees at first, but found out that they're a way for resorts to offset their losses from 3rd-party booking.

hotels would be charging the same total per room even if resort fees were made illegal.  and you'd be paying the same exact amount in taxes.

there's really no difference between paying $199/night plus taxes vs $159+$40 resort fee/night plus taxes. 

yes, i understand that they serve a dual purpose of duping the unknowing into thinking they're getting a better deal than they're getting, but i'm not one of those. i know exactly what i'm getting into because i read terms and conditions before booking anything. 

the idiotic food/beverage fees that a handful of strip restaurants/lounges are adding are a different story.  i understand these places are probably trying to make back some money lost though opentable bookings and such, but i think some people would react by shorting their waiter or waitress a tip when they find out.  that's not the same with resort fees for hotels.  but knowing vegas, if most people end up not noticing or caring, it may become the norm for all restaurants on the strip.  i'd rather they just raise the prices a little than add that weird little fee.  

This is a bunch of bullshit, newbie.  You started coming to the strip like, yesterday.

The cost of the room in your theoretical example was never $199.  It was always $159, or more accurately, $139.  Now it's jumped to $199 with the resort fee.  And the taxes have jumped to 13.38%.  And parking has gone from $0 to $15/day in the past couple of years.