• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Justin Upton

22 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Which brings me to an interesting point. At what point do superfans see our “negativity” as reality? Most get really upset when someone gives an objective, reality based observation that isn’t seen through rose colored superfan lenses. 

What do superfans think at the end of the year after all their bashing when the Angels fail to get the 2nd WC year after year? People are ridiculed every March for saying they have no shot at the playoffs. Where’s my apology?

The only thing we have to look forward to in October is Halloween. 

24 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Which makes sense considering they usually bring in 34 year old Pujols and washed up Josh Hamilton/Vernon Wells/Joe Blanton types. 

Usually equals 6-10 years ago.  You are a dolt, and I mean that with the least amount of respect possible.  

25 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

Wrong. 

Their FA mistakes have pretty much been 1-year deals, which don’t even really count as FAs, as far as I’m concerned because they’re easier to move past. 

Cozart is really the only multi year FA, and I guess you can sort of say Upton. 

Cozart had been bad and Upton remains to be seen, but I think it’s OK.

But either way they’ve given 1 or 2 multi year FA deals in four off seasons. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

When he stops being the best in the world, he’ll get one

this thread isn’t because of the pop out, he’s been disappointing in general

In general? Last year he was 800 ops and 30 hrs. The guy has played in only 28 games this year. Hahaha

I think if Upton did the same thing for another team, you guys would like him more, because all you’d see are the final numbers and you wouldn’t be suffering through each at-bat.

He hits 30 HRs with an 800-900 OPS every year.

To put it another way: Do you know which hitters are “streaky”? Hitters on your team. Do you know which hitters aren’t streaky? Hitters on other teams. 

Because you don’t see the streaks unless you watch every day. 

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

5 minutes ago, Calzone 2 said:

Here’s a RISP snapshot of two 31 year old baseball players. One of them is actually named Melvin Upton Jr and the other one plays for us. Slightly overpaid lol. 

1C657E79-DBCD-4A3A-B70C-AE2900AACB3C.jpeg

42F5E34A-0E2E-4190-827B-CC3D74903264.jpeg

Justin Upton career OPS with RISP: .811

Melvin Upton career OPS with RISP: .737

If you're trying to imply that he's "getting worse" in these situations because we all know hitting with runners in scoring position is a skill that falls off with age, as evidenced by the 39 year old Albert Pujols who is putting up an .833 OPS with RISP, which is fuckin weird because at 38 he had a .732 OPS with RISP. It's almost as if age has absolutely nothing to do with hitting with RISP and that stat fluctuates on a yearly basis. Weird.

Weird.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

If you're trying to imply that he's "getting worse" in these situations because we all know hitting with runners in scoring position is a skill that falls off with age, as evidenced by the 39 year old Albert Pujols who is putting up an .833 OPS with RISP, which is fuckin weird because at 38 he had a .732 OPS with RISP. It's almost as if age has absolutely nothing to do with hitting with RISP and that stat fluctuates on a yearly basis. Weird.

Weird.

Yep when players decline they decline and it isn’t situational decline. 

1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Weird.

I’m actually giving props to Albert for showing up in shape this season and producing with all things considered. Upton is struggling at the plate and it’s hurting the team because he’s taking a spot away from Goodwin who is actually performing better. Upton’s defense is atrocious. He gets late jumps and looks confused on routine fly balls. His skills are rapidly diminishing.