Sign in to follow this  
calscuf

Canceling Student Loan Debt

My stepdaughter lived on campus as a freshman because the university required it. She was charged $10K for the school year. There is no way in Hell that you can convince me that it costs the university $20K per room for students to live in a dormitory that was paid for decades ago.

There is more to the cost of college than just tuition.

I just paid tuition for the final time this year. It was under $3k for the semester (tuition and all fees). Idk what kind of schools these people are going to where it costs $30k+ a year. Maybe they should go to less expensive schools, especially if they’re getting a worthless degree like I got. 

20 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think we'd be able to afford one student's tuition per year.

Let's make it @Vladdylonglegs's useless degree.

So you're a libertarian now? Just like Trump?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/student-loan-expert-system-rigged-105842896.html

I found the article interesting because when posting in this thread I was curious how much student loan debt has gone up over the years and how much of that increase was influenced by the recession, i.e. people who lost a job, couldn't find one out of college so they went back for a graduate degree, etc. According to:

Student_loan_debt.png

It's gone up ~250% since 2008.  That makes me wonder even more how many people went to college or went back to college that were just going through the motions because of the overall state of the job market and economy.  I'd also be curious to know how much of the loans taken out went towards expenses not related to education but I know that's impossible.

I’ll say this as simple as I can, fuck people that want other people to pay off student debt for others.  

I have no student debt, if I did I would treat it like I treat my other debt, which is to say I would pay it off.  

I will use the money I make to take care of my family and their needs.  I will take whatever money I choose to donate and donate it to people who don’t willfully take out loans and want help paying it back.  Lately my charities of choice are Slave 2 Nothing and INO Foundation, which helps children of abuse.  They deserve my hard earned money much more than college educated people.