• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Tommy Hanson update

From the LA times.

Tommy Hanson could return for Thursday night's game against the Dodgers.

Hanson will throw 75 pitches in extended spring training Saturday and the Angels expect him to only need one start before he rejoins the team. Hanson is returning from a three week stint on the bereavement list. May 25 - 10:29 AM

Or maybe he is really heart broken. Who loses a sibling at that age?

I can understand being heartbroken, but damn, it's been like a month. Losing someone you love is always tough, doesn't matter what their relation is to you. Still, there has to be something else going on. I've never heard of anybody, in any profession, taking this long of a leave after the death of a relative.

I can understand being heartbroken, but damn, it's been like a month. Losing someone you love is always tough, doesn't matter what their relation is to you. Still, there has to be something else going on. I've never heard of anybody, in any profession, taking this long of a leave after the death of a relative.

What if their son was accused of rape?

Yes..... I took almost 2 months after my wife passes away.

I would think this would be one of those situations where since people don't have all the information (in fact very little information) they wouldn't be speculating about it.  I guess I'm always surprised by the lameness of people

Agreed.

My brother (splint) and I lost our older brother , Paul, about 8 years ago. Paul was 10 years older than I was, so we weren't as close as I wish we were. But I can tell you it took weeks for me to feel normal again. I just felt like something was missing. Doug (splint) who was only a couple years younger than Paul was pretty close to him, and I know it took him much longer to be over it. I would NEVER question the amount of time it takes someone to grieve and get over it. Sometimes real life needs to take priority over the game of baseball.

More to that point, it is not always about the person that has passed, but the people they left behind. There are parents, wives, daughters, sons, etc. that are now without the someone they love. Even a few weeks will not "solve" the problem. That will simply be the time for him to get back on the field, not get over the loss of a loved one. 

My brother (splint) and I lost our older brother , Paul, about 8 years ago. Paul was 10 years older than I was, so we weren't as close as I wish we were. But I can tell you it took weeks for me to feel normal again. I just felt like something was missing. Doug (splint) who was only a couple years younger than Paul was pretty close to him, and I know it took him much longer to be over it. I would NEVER question the amount of time it takes someone to grieve and get over it. Sometimes real life needs to take priority over the game of baseball.

Well said and I agree.

I lost my father to lung cancer four years ago and needed a month before I felt up to going back to work.

Everyone deals with grief differently and there's no set timetable.