• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Which position players do you want the Angels to target in free agency this year?

mmc

30 minutes ago, floplag said:

The fact remains that we have 4 guys, for 3 spots.  Either way i was just tossing that out as an " if" option.  

I getcha...

But, depth is the 4th spot. Good teams have great depth. Wilfredo Tovar started too many games for us this year.

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I getcha...

But, depth is the 4th spot. Good teams have great depth. Wilfredo Tovar started too many games for us this year.

That was to be expected though, no one expected Rengifo here already, but he got a shot and made it count.   A lot of that was also determined by roster spots and options and such. 
This roster will look very different at the end of '19 than it did at the beginning, thats a given.   I did not expect some of these kids to develop this fast, i dont think anyone did, but here they are making the most of it showing what they can be. 

21 hours ago, mymerlincat said:

It seems like we talk about the free agent pitchers all the time on here, but not so much the position players.  Who do you hope the Angels target?  I would love it if the Angels went all in on Yasmani Grandal.

That's because every year pitching is what kills us, we need pitchers!

11 hours ago, Dochalo said:

I'm curious about this statement as I've not heard this and would be interested to find out what you know.  Is he a clubhouse cancer?  Milwaukee hasn't played great this year even though barely own the 2nd WC.  Could he have something to do with that?  

He's the obvious choice for a position player upgrade.  

If for some reason the Angels absolutely whiff on every possible pitcher then they could go big on Rendon and make a trade for some pitching.  That would be sort of painful though because then they'd be moving from a pool of players I'd like to see them keep like Fletcher, Rengifo, La Stella, and Thaiss.  

It's always risky to make a move that requires a corresponding move.  I'd rather see them overpay a bit for pitching. 

Yeah, he can swing the bat. Definitely not going to deny that. But from what I've heard, from ex-teammates, he's an arrogant d-bag who is me-first. Plus, he gets pulled defensively every year in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Tyler said:

Yeah, he can swing the bat. Definitely not going to deny that. But from what I've heard, from ex-teammates, he's an arrogant d-bag who is me-first. Plus, he gets pulled defensively every year in the playoffs.

Considering the Dodgers made 2 straight World Series with him, he doesn't appear to be all that detrimental to the clubhouse.

18 minutes ago, mymerlincat said:

Considering the Dodgers made 2 straight World Series with him, he doesn't appear to be all that detrimental to the clubhouse.

They are 32 games above .500 after getting rid of two bad clubhouse guys in Puig and Grandal. 

6 hours ago, CDiaz27? said:

Id like to see them take a shot on James Mccann and see if he can reproduce his all star year again, from Goleta Doesn’t help much but he’d be a good pickup 

He’s controlled through ‘20. Wouldn’t be opposed to trading for him if the cost is reasonable but I’d imagine the Sox will ask a lot. 

Interesting thought though, what if the Angels tried prying away someone like Reynaldo Lopez/Dylan Covey and McCann for some prospects? Or Ivan Nova and McCann as a rental for ‘19 and catcher for ‘20? Colome, controlled through ‘20, is an option too. 

20 hours ago, Mark68 said:

Otherwise, pitching, pitching, pitching.

I have two names in mind: Cole & Ryu

Ryu scares the hell out of me.  Someone is going to pay premium, when aside from this last about 18 months, he isnt.  Whoever buys into that will get regression, fast, book it.  
Not that he was terrible prior mind you, he just wasnt Kershaw like he is now.   Suddenly at 31/32 hes the best hes ever been? 
This one scares me. 

11 hours ago, RBM said:

It’s well known Puig is a distraction at times but had never read or heard anything negative about Grandal.

Would you mind posting your source?

Current Dodger. 

This is stuff people arent gonna publicly blast someone about because it's not Puig level craziness. It's more tolerable of a personality but still one you're not sad to see go. 

Just saying, on an Angels site, let's not target him.