• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mitch McConnell

So it wasn’t a congresswoman it’s a Georgia state representative.  And your linked google search shows that multiple mainstream outlets covered this dumb story.   

And from I can see she’s telling one story and he’s telling another.  

This is embarrassing dude. No one heard about it because it’s dumb as fu** and no one should give a shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, floplag said:

well i guess that makes it ok that it was local congress, lol  
why is it that when people make fasle accusations its a dumb no story?
Anyway i thought that was the response i would get.  

How do you know it was false ? Your whole “gotcha” thing here is that this guy says he’s a democrat or whatever.  I mean Jesus dude.  Why on earth would you expect this to get covered. 

18 minutes ago, floplag said:

Heres the google search for her, pick your source.  
https://www.google.com/search?q=erica+thomas&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS818US818&oq=Erica+Thomas&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2681j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

of course many are only telling her side so i would encourage you to watch the video that has both he and her and decide who you believe

Thank you for posting this.

Looks pretty sketchy to me, honestly.

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s making it up, because nothing really surprises in stories like this.  But I wouldn’t be surprised if there is some merit to her story either.  The guy admits that he cursed her out.  Real normal dude.  

But again, she’s saying one thing and he’s saying another.  It’s just a ridiculous story to reference. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

How do you know it was false ? Your whole “gotcha” thing here is that this guy says he’s a democrat or whatever.  I mean Jesus dude.  Why on earth would you expect this to get covered. 

Hate hoaxes and lies arent newsworthly right now? 
See this is what frustrates me to no end, had this been a legit redneck asshole it would be all over the place, but since its not, or ill be fair and say potentially not even though she herself has now backtracked, its nothing.  How can one side of it be something and the other not?
This why people like me play the both sides thing that many of you joke about... there is plenty of asshattery to go around, but only one side of it seems to get covered to the extreme whereas the other is... nothing.
Had this been legit, it would be all over the place, we all know this... but a false or possibly false accusation is nothing?  I cant support that idea.

Changes to social security are going to have to be staggered with younger generations bearing the brunt of it.  No politician in their right mind is going to try and make changes to SS for retirees or those nearing retirement nor should they.  We've all been paying into it and politicians on both sides have used the funds like their personal piggy bank but there's no account sitting there in any of our names.  There was an article that talked about when it was first implemented how much money one of the first individuals received while she never paid anything in.  It served the purpose it was meant to but the point is payments out are dependent on payments in and with people living longer we have people who are getting a lot more out than they put in.  There's a lot of articles out there saying people should wait until age 67 or 70 to start collecting but most people can't because they can't work that long or are forced into retirement and need to start drawing SS to pay their bills.

Look at the history of SS to see how the government can screw something up given enough time.  They've raided the funds, it wasn't supposed to be taxable yet over time that's changed while the threshold for other income which makes SS taxable has been decreased.  That will most likely will continue to decrease or be phased out entirely in the future if it's means tested.  People talk about removing the SS income cap but realize the calculation of what people receive is based on what they pay in so if you remove the wage cap what those people get down the line goes up under the current structure.  I don't support removing the cap because I'm paying into something I don't anticipate getting anything out of nor do I support giving the government more money to mismanage.