Sign in to follow this  
Vegas Halo Fan

Mitch McConnell

Recommended Posts

Either this man is a complete liar and a Trump stooge, or he has no more idea how government works than the President does.

The debt, he said, was very “disturbing” and driven by “the three big entitlement programs that are very popular, Medicare, Social Security Medicaid...There’s been a bipartisan reluctance to tackle entitlement changes because of the popularity of those programs. Hopefully, at some point here, we’ll get serious about this.”

Social Security isn't an entitlement program. Americans pay into it every pay period when they work. It isn't funded by income tax, and it has nothing to do with the deficit.

Medicare isn't paid for with income tax revenue either. There is a separate withholding for it. As with Social Security, it has nothing to do with the deficit.

Mitch McConnell Calls to Cut Social Security, Medicare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tank said:

I don't understand how all of the financial things work, but I sit here thinking that all that money I put into SSI had damn well better be returned to me when I retire in a few years. it's not their money.

I am within less than two years of reaching Social Security retirement age. If the Republicans want to see retirees turn out in large numbers at the polls, start messing with Social Security and Medicare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Medicare/Medicaid and SS fall into the unfunded liability category however the debt is very real. It dwarfs our military spending debt and has a significant chance of imploding our economy.

They are not unfunded. I pay into them every pay period, as does every working person in this country. If the Republicans want to commit political suicide, let them go after them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has to change is them stealing. err borrowing... funds that are not thiers then calling it insolvent.  
I will fight any attempt to take what is mine.  you want to end it, cool, give me back every dime plus interest, otherwise, no. 
WE dont all have mass 401Ks to fall back on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Joe Biden told a crowd in Iowa a month ago that we need to cut Social Security and Medicare and there was hardly a shrug in the media.

Oh yeah, he's a Democrat.

What did he say exactly ? I’ve read that he’s discussed various forms of means testing.  But he’s also talked about expending social security and Medicare in some ways.

I’m not a big Joe Biden guy and I’m not defending him.  I just had not seen that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What did he say exactly ? I’ve read that he’s discussed various forms of means testing.  But he’s also talked about expending social security and Medicare in some ways.

I’m not a big Joe Biden guy and I’m not defending him.  I just had not seen that. 

I had the date wrong. It was last year.

At the 2:35 mark he praises Paul Ryan and elaborates...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4728533/biden-defends-ruling-class

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesnt matter anymore, it really doesnt.  The partisan zealotry is such that you are born to it.... quality of candidate doesnt mean the slightest and platform is utterly meaningless.  
Noone here has changed a single position in a decade, its always the same, Dems good Reps evil... and those of us in thje middle are sick of all of it 

Trump farts and its racist in the media, and actually sitting congresswoman makes blatantly false accusations of racism and the media is silent.... its become a joke, a bad joke 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I had the date wrong. It was last year.

At the 2:35 mark he praises Paul Ryan and elaborates...

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4728533/biden-defends-ruling-class

Don’t worry about the date dude. 

I suspected this was what you were referencing.  He’s talking about means testing.  Which I agree is bad and is a type of “cutting” but it’s not the same as the austerity shit that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell have talked about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Don’t worry about the date dude. 

I suspected this was what you were referencing.  He’s talking about means testing.  Which I agree is bad and is a type of “cutting” but it’s not the same as the austerity shit that Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell have talked about. 

Okay, fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

What?

Missed that one did ya.... im not surprised considering literally no one covered it.   
In short, there was an incident yesterday where a woman of color accused a white guy of saying "go back home" or some shit then was forced to walk it back when it was found that he was a dem trump hater.    She had the media on hand, he came back to call her out on it.   Then of course she doubled down today by accusing her hotel of it.   
But of course no coverage so... i guess it didnt happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, floplag said:

Missed that one did ya.... im not surprised considering literally no one covered it.   
In short, there was an incident yesterday where a woman of color accused a white guy of saying "go back home" or some shit then was forced to walk it back when it was found that he was a dem trump hater.    She had the media on hand, he came back to call her out on it.   Then of course she doubled down today by accusing her hotel of it.   
But of course no coverage so... i guess it didnt happen. 

You're right I did miss that one. Do you have a link for it? I'd definitely be interested in reading it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The vast majority of MSM executives and anchors are liberal Democrats so bias is no surprise.

If they would just report the facts more and not slant it or advocate, things would be better.

Right now most of our 'journalism' consists of Orange Man Bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You're right I did miss that one. Do you have a link for it? I'd definitely be interested in reading it.

Heres the google search for her, pick your source.  
https://www.google.com/search?q=erica+thomas&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS818US818&oq=Erica+Thomas&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.2681j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

of course many are only telling her side so i would encourage you to watch the video that has both he and her and decide who you believe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this