• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Noe Ramírez (3 games, appealing) and Brad Ausmus (1 game, will serve 7/17) suspended

mmc

20 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So the moral of the story is if you can convince ol’ Joe that you’re real sorry then it’s open season on catchers’  faces

I’ve still never had anyone explain to me why a guy with no history of dirty play would chose a collision that may injure himself instead of scoring what is likely the winning run of the game. 

Also, why would Justin Upton choose to jump five feet away from where the ball landed on the warning track instead of just catching the ball?

3 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I’ve still never had anyone explain to me why a guy with no history of dirty play would chose a collision that may injure himself instead of scoring what is likely the winning run of the game. 

Also, why would Justin Upton choose to jump five feet away from where the ball landed on the warning track instead of just catching the ball?

I can’t explain why he chose the path he chose. Maybe he thought Lucroy was hiding the plate in his sinus cavity? He didn’t choose the direct path to the plate. He led with a shoulder. The result was a major injury to a catcher which is what the rule change was intended to prevent. A 2 game suspension for a violent collision initiated 3 feet above the plate and off the direct path renders the rule pointless 

1 minute ago, arch stanton said:

I can’t explain why he chose the path he chose. Maybe he thought Lucroy was hiding the plate in his sinus cavity? He didn’t choose the direct path to the plate. He led with a shoulder. The result was a major injury to a catcher which is what the rule change was intended to prevent. A 2 game suspension for a violent collision initiated 3 feet above the plate and off the direct path renders the rule pointless 

Go back and read my other 20 posts on it in the other thread. 

Are people still glad Ramirez did this?  When Cahill or Bard comes into a game instead of Ramirez, will it have been worth it?

The catcher collision rule is not pointless.  These collisions have pretty much stopped.  In this case the runner was called out and suspended.  

Comparing the length of the two suspensions is tough.  While they are related, they are completely different circumstances and imposed on a relief pitcher and a position player.  Like someone said, Heaney would've gotten five games.  imagine the outrage if that happened.