• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Robot Umpires' Debut in Atlantic League ASG

Lou

9 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

And boom goes the dynamite.

only it fizzled out.  
How many mistakes are OK?  How many do umps get wrong?  If were going to go to this it cant have these kids of mistakes.
Im sorry i dont back this at all for pitch to pitch, only for appeals.  Yes, i know you currently cant, you should be able to using this.  

14 minutes ago, floplag said:

only it fizzled out.  
How many mistakes are OK?  How many do umps get wrong?  If were going to go to this it cant have these kids of mistakes.
Im sorry i dont back this at all for pitch to pitch, only for appeals.  Yes, i know you currently cant, you should be able to using this.  

A hell of a lot more than 1 per game.

7 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

A hell of a lot more than 1 per game.

isnt the point of this to eliminate mistakes?  If it doesnt so that then whats the point ,were going to argue calibration of the device?  
Its big showcase and it goofed, not a rousing review in my opinion 

4 hours ago, Lhalo said:

The first 15 minutes of that movie were awesome. The rest of it, not so much.

Mostly agree. However, there was about a 7 second clip in one of the fight scenes where a Marine LAV-25, known to the Iraqi Insurgency as "the great destroyers" is seen in the background.

So we will call it 5 minutes 7 seconds of that movie.

(Plus the other 3 second clips where the tripods blow their air horns).

Also, I think I remember tom cruise wearing a red sox hat in it. And he had to flee his boston home because the aliens killed everyone there. So i also enjoyed that aspect. Makes it more "film" than "movie"

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Jesus Christ. One borderline call on the first use and some of you are ready to ditch it. 

Personally I thought it was low, others disagree with me.  Sure the catcher did him no favors, but my take is it was below the bottom of the knee and I don’t think I have ever seen that called a strike in the majors, granted I have only been watching for 40 years, so it is possible it has been called a strike before.  I am also not ignoring that my opinion is somewhat based on perception and the catcher catching the ball the way he did.  Just looked low and different.  

I also saw a pitch trax which was the exact opposite of this one where there were three bottom of the zone calls that were all borderline called balls.  I will find it and post it.  

1 hour ago, yk9001 said:

Here are some of the worst calls of the first half.

But look at the catcher framing so well, so it's all good.

those are awesome!!!

I would recommend browsing the vids posted by umpire auditor.  90+% are pitches off the plate called a strike.  

7 hours ago, yk9001 said:

“I understand why it’s a strike. The top of the ball shaved the bottom of the strike zone. But it would be almost impossible to be consistent with [that pitch without Trackman] because it’s at the bottom of the zone, but also because catcher’s influence is real.”

The Umpires own words.

Understand that even the umpire admits the computer was right and he would have called it wrong. It wasn't a blunder or mistake. The ball entered the strike zone.

What else needs to be said about this?