• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

EARTHQUAKE

It was rolling for a while at home in San Dimas. I got up from my chair in the office to make sure it didn't get stronger and have to hold up my monitor that I never lashed down with the earthquake strap. Probably should do that today.

shaking up here in the mountains wasn't too bad but went on for a good 20-30 seconds.  have a cantilevered cupboard in the kitchen that is a perfect seismograph, so even if you can't feel it you can hear it.  crazy that was a 6.6 125 miles away, puts into perspective what the expected 7.8 on the san andreas would feel like considering it cuts through about 5 miles away at the bottom of this mountain.  

31 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Lucy the Earthquake Lady is briefing the media at Cal Tech. She reminded us that this has been a very quiet time for quakes. The 6.4 today is the biggest one in southern California since 1999. In the previous decade before that there were about eight magnitude 6's. 

Few things here.

First. Its not official until Lucy talks. Second, its not official until we see pool water splashing videos. And callers saying "it felt like a rolling motion, chuck".

But yeah. I tell my younger guys at work that were super overdue all the time. We had a good run of 6+ quakes in the late 80s, into the 90s... then nothing. Meanwhile the rest of the ring of fire has been getting nailed badly the last ten years...

This was a good thing today. It happened in the middle of nowhere. But we need them to happen... so it was best case scenario.

The tricky part is where did it add stress to?....